JAGUAR XF - FAQs
1. What are the engine specifications of the Jaguar XF?
The Jaguar XF is available in two versions - petrol and diesel engines. The specifications of these engines are:
· Petrol - 1999 cc, 4-cylinder, 2.0-litre turbocharged engine; peak torque of 340 Nm @ 1750-2000 rpm and power of 237 bhp @ 5500 rpm.
· Diesel - 1999 cc, 4-cylinder, 2.0-litre turbocharged engine; peak torque value of 430 Nm @ 1750-2000 rpm and maximum power of 177 bhp @ 4000 rpm.
2. What is the fuel tank capacity of Jaguar XF? What mileage does it offer?
All variants of the Jaguar XF possess a 66-litre fuel tank. The petrol variants have an average fuel efficiency of 13.12 kmpl. Their diesel counterparts are more efficient and return an average fuel economy of 19.33 kmpl.
3. How many passengers can the XF seat? How much boot space does it offer?
This luxurious sedan has a seating capacity of 5 passengers in a 2+3 seating arrangement. The legroom, arm space and head room are adequate for all passengers. Jaguar has afforded the XF a 505-litre boot space which is enough to accommodate 3 suitcases and a few small bags.
4. How safe is the Jaguar XF on the road?
Jaguar holds the safety of their customers at the highest priority and equips all vehicles with latest safety features like ABS, EBD, traction control, cruise control, driver and passenger airbags, engine immobilizer, central locking, child safety lock, front and rear fog lights, and much more.
5. How many variants of the Jaguar XF are available in India?
The Jaguar XF has 5 variants currently on sale in the Indian market. Three have a diesel engine while two have a petrol engine. The five variants are:
· Pure Diesel
· Prestige Diesel
· Portfolio Diesel
· Prestige Petrol
· Portfolio Petrol
6. How many types of transmission systems are available in Jaguar XF variants?
Currently, the Jaguar XF is only equipped with Automatic Transmission in India. This system has a gearbox with 8–speed transmission and Rear Wheel Drive (RWD) train. Paddle shifters have been installed behind the steering wheels.
7. Which automobile class does this car belong to? Which similar cars compete with the XF in the market?
Jaguar has introduced the XF to their customers as a four-door luxury sedan/saloon car. Cars like BMW 5 Series, VOLVO S90, Mercedes Benz E Class, Audi A6 and Lexus LS offer tough competition to the Jaguar XF in India.
8. Are Jaguar cars expensive in India? Why is that?
When compared to other cars in the luxury sedan segment in India, Jaguar vehicles might seem to be priced at the higher end of the pricing scale. But, as their vehicles compete with other automobile giants like Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Bentley, Maserati, and Aston Martin, Jaguar has aptly priced their cars. The comfort, luxury and performance offered by these cars are incredible and certainly justifies the high price.
9. What is the top speed of Jaguar XF and how fast does it accelerate?
The 2.0-litre diesel engine variants leap from rest to 100 kmph in 8.1 seconds; the 2.0-litre petrol engine variants are faster and clock in at just 7.0 seconds. The diesel guises have a top speed of 229 kmph whereas the petrol iterations reach speeds of 245 kmph.
10. How does Jaguar provide incredible comfort to their customers in this car?
Some of the comfort features in Jaguar XF are 12V power outlets, paddle shifters, keyless entry, height adjustable driver seat, lumbar support, push start and stop button, electrically adjustable rear-view mirrors, armrests, steering mounted controls, door ajar warning, luxurious upholstery, cup holders, and seat belt warning.