Jaguar XJ L
Jaguar XJ L
*Images shown are for reference only. Actual colours may vary from the ones shown here
Jaguar XJ L Key Features
Make alert to nearby objects with an audible warning from front and rear parking aids complete with visual indicators.
Simply push and turn a dial for enhanced driving control.
Panoramic Glass Roof
XJ’s panoramic, heat-reflective, tinted glass roof extends to the full width of the car, creating an airy & spacious.
Key Features will be different from variant to variant
- Superb range of engines
- Exquisite interiors
- Long list of standard features
- Not as spacious as the rivals
- Frustrating infotainment system
- Mediocre back seat space
- Petrol Engine Sound
- Diesel Engine Sound
Jaguar XJ L Reviews (32)
Read all Jaguar XJ L Reviews Write a Review
Jaguar XJ L Sales Statistics
Jaguar XJ L News
- Jaguar XJ Records a Staggering Growth of 300 Percent 03-06-2015 The British luxury marquee is all set to launch its new entry-level sedan XE in...
- India-bound next generation Jaguar XJ spied testing Arjit Garg, 29-01-2015 Going by the spy shots, the XJ will receive rather subtle updates, limited only...
- Brunei Sultan's Classic 1994 Jaguar XJ220 to be Auctioned in UK 10-11-2014 This imperious supercar with Chassis no 220693 was hand built by TWR Jaguar in O...
- Jaguar's 'Virtual Windscreen’ concept that will aid road and track driving Ranojoy Mukerji, 10-07-2014 JLR demonstrates virtual imaging technology that could offer drivers a spectacle...
- Jaguar XF— Big cat has claws Ashish Masih, 10-11-2014 In the market for a luxury car but want something different from the Germans? Then...
- Hyundai Xcent – Hyundai ups the ante Ashish Masih, Today The 2017 Xcent is more rounded than before and seems like the near perfect entry...
- Ford Figo Sports Edition First Test Drive Prashant Singh, 21-04-2017 How is the new Ford Figo Sports Edition different from its standard version? And...
- Volvo S60 Polestar: Inverse but proportional Abhijeet Singh, 16-04-2017 Volvo's sensible but fast S60 Polestar makes it to India. Out here at the Kari Motor...
Jaguar XJ L Overview
Jaguar XJ is a genius in every aspect; be it the driving dynamics, be it the safety and security features or be it the highly pursued engine power and performance. Jaguar has presented the XJ sedan with 4 engine options; ranging from 2.0L petrol to a 5.0L V8 diesel engine and it solely depends upon an individual that with which powertrain he wishes to drive the beast home. It is positioned above the Jaguar XF, the executive sedan, in the company's vehicle lineup. The extended wheelbase does the trick here as it provides the rear passengers extra legroom, which they completely deserve after paying such a hefty sum. This sedan has enjoyed an absolute gala time at the Indian automotive industry and always been company's golden product in the company.
Jaguar XJ L Exterior
As far as rear section of the saloon is talked, a special mention goes to 'Cat’s Claw' reminiscent rear LED light clusters which are never-seen-before in any Jaguar cars. Additionally, it has power folding electric adjusted exterior mirrors, auto dimming with courtesy puddle lamps and memory function, heated windscreen, rain sensing windscreen wipers etc.
to name a few. The company has also performed multiple cosmetic changes in the coming 2014 XJ in order to make it much advanced and up-market. Ian Callum, Design Director, Jaguar has provided this saloon an identity of its own by introducing the much wider front grille, unlike it predecessors who were much compact in size and smaller in appearance. Jaguar XJ is being offered with wheel size of 18 inch, 19 inch or 20 inch with plenty of wheel designs in each size.
Jaguar XJ L Interior
Jaguar has also incorporated four zone automatic climate control, electric side window blinds and footrests and leather-covered business tables in order to enhance the luxury factor. The saloon also comes with an optional heated steering wheel which has almost every significant and frequently used control like cruise control, telephone and interactive voice functions mounted on it. In order to keep the infotainment factor high, apart from the aforementioned 8-inch touch screen display, the company has integrated a 250W Sound System with 12 speakers and a high-mounted woofer and tweeter in each door.
The audio system also sports digital and AM/FM radios, and is compatible with WMA and MP3 players. There is also an option of Meridian 380W Audio System, the Meridian 825W Surround Audio System and the Meridian 1300W Reference Audio System. The 1300W System comes with as many as 26 speakers while churning out ultra-premium sound. There is also a provision of dual WhiteFire digital wireless headphones and transmitter for the rear seat passengers to watch live streaming of video hasslefree.
Jaguar XJ L Engine & Transmission
The top-end variants of the Jaguar XJ are equipped with a 5.0-litre V8 Supercharged engine which is the most powerful engine in this entire XJ range. This 8-cylinder, 32-valve, 5000cc engine is tweaked and tuned phenomenally to obtain four different power outputs and torque figures, according to the different variants. This engine generates four different power outputs of 380bhp at 6500rpm, 463.6bhp at 6000-6500rpm, 503.1bhp at 6000-6500rpm, and 542.5bhp at 6500rpm, respectively to accommodate four different variants. Similarly, it also produces maximum torque of 515Nm at 3500rpm, 575Nm at 2000-5500rpm, 625Nm at 2500-5500rpm and 680Nm at 2500-5500rpm, respectively. The power is transmitted via a 8-speed automatic gearbox with Intelligent Stop/Start function. Now, if the 3.0-litre V6 diesel engine is looked upon which is available with almost every variant, then it can be propounded that it is neck to neck with its petrol siblings. The 6-cylinder, 24-valve, 2993cc diesel mill is successful in inducing a power output of 271.2bhp at 4000rpm and maximum torque of 600Nm at 2000rpm. It is combined with a 8-speed automatic transmission in order to maximize tenacity and agility of the saloon.
Jaguar XJ L Mileage
Jaguar XJ L Braking and Safety
Jaguar XJ L Performance and Handling
What do we think about Jaguar XJ L?
Jaguar XJ L Competitors
Other Jaguar Cars
More on Jaguar XJ L