Mahindra Thar | FAQs
1. What is the price of the Mahindra Thar?
Mahindra has a reputation for manufacturing some of the sturdiest vehicles in India. The Mahindra Thar is available in three diesel variants in the price range of Rs. 6.47 to 9.42 lakhs.
2. What is the reason for such a vast difference in the price between the three variants of Mahindra Thar?
The high-end Mahindra Thar has various additional features like 2-Din Music system, air conditioner with heater, windshield demister and so on. These features make the higher-end vehicles more expensive than the basic models.
3. What type of engine does the Mahindra Thar have?
The 7-seater Mahindra Thar has a superior 2523 cc capacity engine with a torque of 195 Nm. It is a BS IV compliant engine capable of delivering a steady average of 15.3 kmpl both on the city roads as well as the long highways.
4. Does Mahindra Thar have a power steering?
This 4-wheel drive vehicle comes with a power steering that makes it easy to manoeuvre the vehicle in the most difficult of terrains. Surprisingly, the steering is supple as well as smooth for a powerful vehicle of this calibre.
5. What are the features of the Mahindra Thar?
The Mahindra Thar is an all-terrain vehicle. It comes armed with a 4WD system with an extended wheelbase. Compared to other SUVs, this vehicle has a lower ground clearance of 187 mm. However, it comes with an adequate boot space of 600 litres. The foldable canopy is also an additional attraction.
6. Is the Mahindra Thar comparable to a Jeep?
In many ways, the Mahindra Thar is a compact SUV cum jeep. The foldable canopy gives this SUV a jeep-like appearance. The 4WD system enables it to perform like an SUV.
7. Does the Mahindra Thar have an AC system?
Yes, the AC system is available in the top variant. The CRDE 4X4 comes with additional features like AC with heater, engine immobiliser and so on. The other two variants do not have AC.
8. What is the difference between the Thar CRDE and Thar DI?
The engine capacity is the most significant difference between the Thar and the DI. The DI has a displacement of 2523 cc whereas the CRDE is of 2498 cc capacity. However, the CRDE is a more powerful engine with 105 BHO as compared to the 63 BHP of the DI engine.
9. What is the principal difference between the Mahindra Thar and the Mahindra Bolero?
The Bolero is a bigger vehicle as compared to the Thar. The Thar has a more powerful diesel engine as it has utility as an all-terrain vehicle. However, the Bolero is comparatively a more fuel-efficient vehicle. Check out detailed comparison here.
10. What are the different colour options available in the Mahindra Thar?
The Mahindra Thar is available in five colours, such as light grey, black, silver, red. Of all the colours, the red colour is the most popular.
11. Are there automatic transmission variants available in the Mahindra Thar?
The Mahindra Thar is an all-purpose and all-terrain vehicle. It comes with 5-speed manual transmission alone. No Thar variants come with automatic transmission. However, all the variants come with a power steering mode for easy manoeuvrability.