Maruti Suzuki Celerio - FAQs
1. What are the engine specifications of Maruti Suzuki Celerio?
All petrol models have a 998 cc, 3-cylinder, 1.0-litre K10B Aluminum engine that generates a maximum power output of 50 kW @ 6000 rpm and a maximum torque of 90 Nm @ 3500 rpm. The CNG models are equipped with a 998 cc, 3-cylinder, 1.0-litre K10B Aluminum engine generating a maximum torque of 90 Nm @ 3500 rpm in the petrol mode and 78 Nm @ 3500 rpm in the CNG mode, and a maximum power of 43.5 kW @ 6000 rpm.
2. What is the fuel capacity and efficiency of Maruti Suzuki Celerio?
The petrol variant offers a 35-litre fuel capacity while the CNG version has a 60-litre fuel tank. The petrol version has a fuel efficiency of 20 kmpl in the city and 23.1 kmpl on the highway. The combined fuel efficiency of the CNG version is an impressive 26.02 kmpl in the city and 31.79 kmpl on the highways.
3. What is the seating capacity and boot space available on the Celerio?
The hatchback by Maruti Suzuki offers a comfortable seating capacity of five passengers. The legroom and headroom space is satisfactory. The boot space available is 235 litres, which is commendable in this segment of automobiles.
4. How long will I have to wait to get my hands on a Maruti Suzuki Celerio?
If you are planning on purchasing the Celerio, you won’t need to hold in your excitement for more than a week or two. Since Maruti Suzuki has established a manufacturing plant in Manesar, the waiting period for all their cars has significantly reduced.
5. What about the safety and security features available in this car?
All variants of Maruti Suzuki Celerio are equipped with driver side airbags as standard safety equipment. Most models come with front ventilated discs, pedestrian protection, high speed alert system, child-proof rear locking, an engine immobilizer and headlight leveling. The top model has an antilock braking system, and dual front airbags for the driver and co-passenger.
6. How many variants of Celerio are available?
The Maruti Suzuki Celerio is available in 12 different variants in India. The CNG version has 2 variants with manual transmission system. The petrol version has 10 variants, 6 with manual transmission and the other 4 are automatic transmission/ automatic gear shift variants.
7. How many colours does Maruti Suzuki offer in Celerio?
This car is available in six attractive colours, namely Glistening Grey, Silky Silver, Arctic White, Nexa Blue, Tango Orange and Blazing Red.
8. How many types of transmission systems can I choose from?
The Celerio is available with 2 types of transmission system, manual transmission with a 5-speed manual gearbox and a gear system of 5 forward and 1 reverse. The other option is the automatic transmission (automatic gear shift), which also has a 5-speed transmission set-up.
9. Which vehicle category does the Celerio fall under? Who are its competitors?
10. How often should I get the Celerio serviced? When is its first service due after purchase?
It is ideally advisable to follow the service manual provided by the car manufacturer, in this case Maruti Suzuki, and get your car serviced according to it. The first service, which is usually free, becomes due after 30 days or the first 1000 km, whichever comes first after the day of delivery.
11. What are the different fuel types available for this car in India?
The Maruti Suzuki Celerio comes in two different fuel types - petrol and CNG. Both CNG and petrol versions have the same engine specifications.
12. How fast can Maruti Celerio go and how is the acceleration?
The comparatively smaller engine powers the manual version from rest to 100 kmph in 15 seconds while the automatic gear shift version takes 16 seconds for the same. The Celerio can reach top speeds of 140-150 kmph.