My Maruti Suzuki Ciaz delivers a mileage of only 11.8 kmpl, what should I do to improve its mileage?
By: Dawoodi on 2 august 2017
You might be talking about the petrol model of Ciaz, the ARAI claimed mileage of this car is 20.73 kmpl while as per user reviews it delivers around 14 kmpl in city driving conditions, so you can improve the mileage of your car by 2-3 kmpl, here are some of my suggestions:
• Do not use clutch unnecessarily
• Shift gears at the correct rpms.
• Shift to the highest possible gear without the engine knocking.
• Driver smoothly, as rough acceleration and sudden brakes reduces fuel efficiency. Drive at the optimum speed, not exceeding about 60-70 kmph.
• Drive with the optimal tyre pressure.
• At high speed don’t drive with open or even partly open window as it increases drag which consumes more fuel.
• Switch off the engine if you are going to be idle for more than a minute
• Reduce AC use if possible
• Get your car regularly serviced, keeping air filter, spark plug, fuel filter and injectors clean.
Related Questions on Maruti Suzuki Ciaz
Gandepalli Srinivas 2017-08-161Answer
Ravi shankar Nerella 2017-08-021Answer
Jasmin Chhatraliya 2017-07-281Answer
More on Maruti Suzuki Ciaz
Other Maruti Suzuki Cars
- Maruti Suzuki Swift
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio X
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- Maruti Suzuki S-Cross
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- Maruti Suzuki Alto K10
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki Eeco
- Maruti Suzuki Gypsy
- Maruti Suzuki Omni
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R