Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara
- Petrol Engine Sound
- Diesel Engine Sound
- Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Competitors
- Recently viewed cars
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Reviews (14)
Read all Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Reviews Write a Review
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Sales Statistics
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara News
- Aadhaar Card To Be mandatory for Getting Driving Licence In India Davender Soni, 28-03-2017 The Central government Aadhaar card identification a compulsory requirement nece...
- Exclusive: 2017 Maruti Ciaz Facelift Ready for Sale Mayank, 28-03-2017 Now, through our reliable sources, we have learnt that the 2017 Ciaz has silentl...
- Maruti Suzuki sold over 110,000 Vitara Brezza in India Davender Soni, 27-03-2017 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza has become India’s most popular urban SUV by clockin...
- Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti, Hyundai, Mahindra & Ford Cars – March 2017 Davender Soni, 24-03-2017 Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Mahindra & Ford Cars in...
- Maruti Alto vs Renault Kwid vs Datsun Redi-Go Ashish Masih, 28-03-2017 Budget car buyers have never had it so good. You can choose cars that offer style,...
- Maruti Baleno RS – A streetcar named desire Ashish Masih, 06-03-2017 Maruti adds a new 1-litre turbo engine to the Baleno line-up. Rivals should be very...
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis – One funky number Ashish Masih, 23-01-2017 Maruti Suzuki wants to expand its consumer base with the stylish and brash looking...
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire AGS – The automatic choice Ashish Masih, 29-06-2016 The Dzire becomes the latest car in the Maruti stable to get the cost effective but...
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Overview
The true SUV appeal comes with the spare wheel that is attached to its back. The interior of the new Grand Vitara looks very sporty. It is well equipped with various rich features including easy to read MID (Multi Information Display) on dashboard, climate control unit, instrument panel, dual sun visors, rear view mirror, driver side foot rest, a stereo system with 4 speakers, 2 tweeters, sub-woofers and a centre speaker and more. The seats are comfortable with fine cushioning. The cabin is spacious enough to accommodate five passengers with good cargo space and lots of storage options.
Equipped with the 2.4-litre VVT (Variable Valve Timing) petrol unit, the new Grand Vitara delivers a decent performance. It offers a displacement of 2393cc. This powertrain comes integrated with 4 cylinder, 16 valve, DOHC and VIS (Variable Induction System) set-up. It is available with two transmission options - a five speed manual transmission and a four speed automatic transmission (only in top-end variant). It produces a peak power of 163.5bhp at 6000rpm and maximum torque of 225Nm at 4000rpm. In terms of acceleration and pickup, the new Grand Vitara is more prompt than its elder sibling.
It can attain 100kmph from stand still in just 11.7 seconds. However, the fuel efficiency is major drawback of this SUV. It offers a mileage of 8kmpl in city and 10.4kmpl on highways. The off-roading drivability is enhanced by the wheelbase of 2640mm and 200mm of ground clearance. The new Maruti Grand Vitara MT (with manual transmission) costs around Rs.22.68 lakhs, whereas its AT (automatic transmission) version is priced nearly Rs.24.61 lakhs (prices are ex-showroom, Delhi). If rumours are to believed, the company has decided to discontinue the Vitara due to its poor performance in the market.
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Exterior
Having the Suzuki logo, the 17-inches alloy wheels are covered with the 225/65 size of tubeless tyres and radial. A spare tyre is attached at its rear. The mounted tail lamps cluster, rear fog lamps, stop lamps, rear window demister, rear wiper and washer (one speed intermittent) and body colored tailgate handle add more to its masculine personality. It measures around 4500mm (length) x 1810mm (width x 1695mm (height) with the total ground clearance of 200mm and 2640mm of wheelbase. The new Grand Vitara is available in six colors: Pearl White, Nocturnal Blue Metallic, Blueish Black Pearl, Phoenix Red Pearl, Silky Silver and Clear Beige.
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Interior
It is packed with a sound audio system with 4 speakers, 2 tweeters, sub-woofers and a centre speaker support. There is a power steering with tilt adjustment. The climate control unit, dual sun visors, rear view mirror, driver side foot rest and well cushioned seats are exclusive comfort features. However, the quality isn’t up-to the mark. With the total wheelbase of 2640mm, the new Vitara is quite spacious. Its rear passenger row is 60:40 split tumble-folding, which offers extra cargo space as and when required.
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Engine & Transmission
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Mileage
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Braking and Safety
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Performance and Handling
What do we think about Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara?
Other Maruti Suzuki Cars
More on Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara