Maruti Suzuki Gypsy (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What are the dimensions of Maruti Suzuki Gypsy?
Maruti Suzuki Gypsy is a spacious car with plenty of room for the travellers. The size specifications of the Gypsy are:
· Length*Width*Height: 4010 mm * 1540 mm * 1875 mm
· Front track: 1300 mm
· Rear track: 1310 mm
· Wheel base: 2355 mm
2. What are the various variants of Gypsy available in the market?
The Maruti Suzuki Gypsy comes in three variants all powered by petrol. There is no diesel or CNG variant as of now.
The three variants are King Hard Top Ambulance BS4, King Soft Top BS4 and King Hard Top BS4.
3. What are the various features offered in the Gypsy?
The various comfort features provided to passengers are LED daytime running lights, LED tail lamps, touch screen infotainment system, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, adjustable steering wheel, height-adjustable driver’s seat, day and night rear view mirrors and steering-mounted audio controls.
4. What about the safety features available in Maruti Suzuki Gypsy?
The Gypsy is safe equipped with many modern features including dual air-bags, anti-lock braking system, electronic brake force distribution, ISOFIX child seat mounts and reverse parking sensors. The next-generation Gypsy will come with hill descent and hill assist features.
5. What is the maximum power, peak torque and displacement of Gypsy?
The Gypsy is a 4-cylinder automobile with 1298 cc displacement. The engine is powerful with maximum power of 80 bhp @ 6000 rpm. The peak torque is 103 Nm @ 4500 rpm.
6. What are the specifications related to brakes, suspension and tyres?
The front brakes are disc type and the rear brakes are drum type. Both the front and rear suspensions feature Leaf Spring Double action damper with Booster. The tyre size is F-78-15-4 PR.
7. What is the boot space and seating capacity of Maruti Suzuki Gypsy?
The Gypsy has a large boot space of 300 litres. It can accommodate a maximum of 8 passengers in the 2+6 arrangement. To specify this arrangement, 2 passengers can sit in the front and 6 can be seated at the back with three seats present on each side.
8. How many colours are available of Maruti Suzuki Gypsy?
There are a total of 5 colours available for the buyers to choose from: Silky Silver, Superior White, Ruby Red, Dolphin Blue and Harvest Green.
9. What will be the top speed and acceleration of the new model to be launched of Gypsy in India in 2019?
The engine is estimated to take 9.5 seconds to power up the car from 0 to 100 kmph for the new model. The top speed is expected to be around 175 kmph with a 22 kmpl mileage.
10. Under which segment does the Gypsy 2018 belong to? Who are its competitors?
Maruti Suzuki has launched many variants of Gypsy and like all others, it comes under the SUV compact segment. The cars that compete with Gypsy are Mahindra Thar, Force Motors Gurkha, Mahindra Bolero, Tata Safari Storme and Mahindra Scorpio. All come in almost same price range.
11. Is there any automatic transmission system available in Maruti Suzuki Gypsy?
Unfortunately, there is no automatic transmission system available for Gypsy. The 5-speed manual transmission is available in Maruti Suzuki Gypsy in the petrol trim.
12. Are there any offers available on Maruti Suzuki Gypsy?
To know about any available offers or promotions, you need to get in touch with your nearest Maruti Suzuki dealership. All the discounts and offers are solely at the discretion of the company or the dealership.