Maruti Suzuki Omni FAQs
1. What are the engine specifications for Maruti Suzuki Omni?
Maruti Suzuki Omni is powered by a 796cc petrol engine that runs on three cylinders and churns out power of 34.2 BHP and a maximum torque of 59 Nm. The engine is controlled with a four-speed manual gearbox. The same engine has been running the Maruti Suzuki Omni for the last decade and is expected to get discontinued soon.
2. What is the mileage offered by Maruti Suzuki Omni?
Maruti Suzuki Omni offers a mileage of appx 16.8 kmpl on highways compared to around 12 kmpl in the city. The actual mileage may vary according to the road conditions and traffic volume in your city.
3. Is Maruti Suzuki Omni available with automatic transmission?
No, at the moment Maruti Suzuki Omni is available only with manual transmission option and has single fuel option, which is petrol. Any chance of a new version being launched with automatic transmission is very slim.
4. How many passengers can sit comfortably in Maruti Suzuki Omni?
Maruti Suzuki Omni can comfortably seat up to eight passengers, thanks to its spacious legroom and comfortable seats. It is widely used as a commercial vehicle also wherein you can get more boot space by reducing the seating option to just two front row travellers.
5. What would be by maintenance and service cost for a new Maruti Suzuki Omni?
Like all other Maruti Suzuki cars, Maruti Suzuki Omni also has very low maintenance cost. Your average maintenance cost would be around Rs. 3,200/- per year for the first 10 years. This includes free services and warranty coverage.
6. How many variants are offered by Maruti Suzuki for Maruti Suzuki Omni?
Maruti Suzuki Omni is available in three different variants that run on petrol and come with manual transmission only. The car is available in four different colours - Metallic Silky Silver, Fantasy Black, Superior White, and Metallic Pearl Blue Blaze.
7. When will an upgraded version of Maruti Suzuki Omni be launched in India?
As per latest reports, Maruti Suzuki Omni will soon be discontinued by the company. So, there are no chances of an upgraded version being launched in India. It is yet to be seen if the company launches a successor to it.
8. How big is the boot space in Maruti Suzuki Omni?
If you choose to opt for an eight-seater option in Maruti Suzuki Omni then you get a modest boot space of 210 litres. This can be expanded significantly if you require the car for commercial purpose by limiting the seating capacity for up to two travellers.
9. Please tell something about the top speed and acceleration on Maruti Suzuki Omni?
Maruti Suzuki Omni can achieve a top speed of 126 kmph on its 796 cc petrol engine. The time taken by the engine to reach from 0-100 kmph is around 20 seconds.
10. What about the safety features on Maruti Suzuki Omni?
Maruti Suzuki Omni is an entry level car and does not offer many safety features. Some of the major safety features incorporated in the car are front and side impact beams, engine immobiliser, back door lock, anti-theft device, high-mount rear stop lamp, and centrally mounted fuel tank.