Maruti Suzuki SX4
Maruti Suzuki SX4
- Petrol Engine Sound
- Diesel Engine Sound
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Reviews (13)
Read all Maruti Suzuki SX4 Reviews Write a Review
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Sales Statistics
Maruti Suzuki SX4 News
- Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti, Hyundai, Honda & Tata Cars – March 2017 Davender Soni, Today Autoportal brings some more set of benefits on the brands like Maruti Suzuki, Hy...
- 2017 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz to be sold through Nexa; variants revealed Davender Soni, 23-03-2017 Maruti Suzuki will offering manual transmission for all five petrol and diesel t...
- Maruti Suzuki Releases Road Safety Index for 8 Cities Mayank, 20-03-2017 The cities, which were suveyed on ground level and basis of citizen views, are A...
- Maruti Suzuki sales network crosses 2000 mark Davender Soni, 20-03-2017 Maruti Suzuki's sales network has crossed the 2,000 mark, thereby extending its...
- Honda WR-V – Mix and match Ashish Masih, 08-03-2017 Honda hopes that surging sales in the compact SUV space will help the WR-V find plenty...
- New Honda City – Long live the king Ashish Masih, 20-02-2017 Honda has updated the popular City sedan with plenty of new features and subtle changes...
- Volkswagen Vento 1.5 TDi - Posh Personality Arjit Garg, 08-04-2015 The battle of mid-size sedans is getting aggressive day-by-day and we have reviewed...
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz vs VW Vento - Midsize mayhem Ashish Masih, 19-08-2015 The updated VW Vento faces its stiffest challenger till date. The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Overview
The dynamic dimensions, design and styling make SX4 one of the tallest sedans in this segment. Its crossover platform is all inspired by Suzuki and Fiat. The large headlights integrated with mesh grill, curvy front and rear bumper (well blended with three part airdam and twin reflectors respectively), gargantuan windscreen, large wheels and high-mounted boot give it a true masculine look, which is really hard to ignore. The build quality is certainly is on upper hand when compared to cars like Linea, Vento etc.
The interior of Maruti SX4 gives a perfect feel of a sedan. Its top-end variants come with an impressive list of features including good quality audio system with Aux/ USB, electric power steering, advanced ABS (Anti-lock braking system) with EBD, automatic climate control unit, steering mounted controls, I-CATS immobilizer, remote keyless entry, well cushioned seats with high-quality fabric and more. Powered with the DOHC 1.6-litre petrol engine with VVT, it delivers a peak power of 103.3bhp at 5600rpm and a maximum torque of 145Nm at 4100rpm. However, the fuel efficiency of this powertrain doesn't impress, which is 9.3kmpl on city roads and 15.5kmpl on highways.
Its 1.3-litre DDiS diesel unit produces a top power and torque of 88.8bhp at 4000rpm and 200Nm at 1750rpm respectively. This engine is boosted with a CRDi fuel supply system and a five speed manual transmission. On fuel efficiency front, its diesel variant proves a better performer than its older petrol option. It offers a mileage of 15kmpl in city and 21.5kmpl on highways. Both the engine options are equipped with 4 cylinders and 16 valves and well mated with a five speed manual transmission. The ride quality and handling of the SX4 is pretty impressive. When asked for price, one may hesitate to spend on this sedan, when its competitors are available at a lesser price. The Maruti SX4 costs around Rs.7.72 lakhs to Rs.10.30 lakhs.
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Exterior
The side profile of the Maruti SX4 is enhanced by well designed doors, body colored ORVMs, door handles, prominent wheel arches and large alloy wheels. All entry level and mid level variants of Maruti SX4 are configured with 15 inches steel wheels. The 195/65 R15 size of tyres are fitted in all variants. Whereas, the top variant of SX4 comes equipped with 16-inches alloy wheels covered with puncture resistant tubeless tyres. The 205/60 R16 size of tyres contributes to the overall stability and ride quality of the car. However, these wheels feel oversized in proportion to rest of its design. The rear looks mature and masculine with rear bumper integrated with twin reflectors, rear defogger, large windscreen and tail lamp cluster. The build quality is better than other sedans (2007-08 models) from this segment.
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Interior
The seats are very comfortable with high-profile leather upholstery, which is available with its top-end variant only. Whereas, all other variants of SX4 get good quality fabric upholstery. It can accommodate five passengers comfortably. The high-mounted front seat provides great visibility to driver. With a decent inclination angle and legroom, its rear seats feel quite comfortable.
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Engine & Transmission
It can attain a top speed of 154kmph. On the other side, its petrol version is efficient enough to mark 0 -100kmph on speedometer just in 12.1 seconds and achieve top speed of 175-180kmph. In terms of fuel efficiency, the diesel version of SX4 is a step ahead compared to its petrol variant. Its DOHC, 1.6-litre petrol engine gives a mileage of 9.3kmpl on city roads and 15.5kmpl on highways. The fuel efficiency varies with driving style and other transformations, but still it’s very disappointing. Its 1.3-litre DDiS unit powered by the CRDi fuel supply system, intelligent gearing and ECU calibration results into less fuel consumption, especially on low revs. This engine delivers an impressive 15kmpl in city and 21.5kmpl on highways.
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Mileage
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Braking and Safety
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Performance and Handling
What do we think about Maruti Suzuki SX4?
Other Maruti Suzuki Cars
More on Maruti Suzuki SX4