NISSAN Micra - FAQs
1. How many variants of the Micra can I choose from?
The Nissan Micra is available to the customers in 7 different variants in India. Four variants are from the diesel segment and have a 1.5 litre SOHC diesel engine - XL, XL OPTIONAL, XV and XV Premium. The remaining three variants are petrol version and have a 1.2 litre DOHC petrol engine - XL, XL OPTIONAL and XV CVT.
2. Which engine is installed in the Nissan Micra and what are its specifications?
The Nissan Micra is available to the customers in India in two engine options. The first option is equipped with an 1198 cc, 3-cylinder, 12 valve, 1.2 litre DOHC petrol engine that can generate a maximum torque of 104 Nm @ 4000 rpm and maximum power output of 75 bhp @ 6000 rpm. The second choice has a 1461 cc, 4 cylinder, 8 valve, 1.5 litre k9k SOHC diesel engine that can churn out a peak torque of 160 Nm @ 2000 rpm and max power output of 63 bhp @ 4000 rpm.
3. Mileage is crucial for me. How does the Micra perform in the fuel efficiency department?
All variants of the petrol and diesel engine versions have a fuel tank with a capacity to hold 41 litres of fuel.
The manual transmission variants of the petrol version offer a decent fuel efficiency of 15 kmpl in urban areas and 18 kmpl on highways whereas the CVT variant returns an economy of 16 kmpl in the city and 19 kmpl on the highway. The diesel version offers a commendable efficiency of 18 kmpl on city roads and 23 kmpl on highways. Beware that continuous braking, overuse of the clutch and improper servicing routine can affect the fuel efficiency of your car.
4. Where can I buy Nissan Micra in CNG option?
Currently, Nissan is offering the Micra range of cars in petrol and diesel variants only. There is no option for CNG or LPG at the moment. It is unknown whether the company would ever launch a CNG version.
5. What is the seating capacity and boot space available on the Micra?
This compact hatchback by Nissan offers a comfortable seating capacity for five adult passengers in a 2+3 arrangement and has four doors. There is adequate legroom, arm and head space in the cabin which makes passengers feel comfortable. The boot space afforded to this car by Nissan is a decent 251 litres, which can easily hold 2 suitcases for a short or long trip.
6. What is the maximum speed that the Micra can reach? How fast does it accelerate from rest to 100 kmph?
The powerful and robust engine can power the Nissan Micra diesel version from standstill to 100 kmph in a decent 13 seconds. The petrol iteration takes a couple of seconds longer and clocks in at 15 seconds to cover the gap. The petrol variant of the Nissan Micra has a top speed of 160 kmph while the diesel variant tops out at 150-160 kmph.
7. How good are the safety and security features available in this car?
The Nissan Micra comes equipped with high class safety features like Antilock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), brake assist, perimetric alarm system, driver and passenger SRS airbags, engine immobilizer, push button ignition, speed sensing auto door lock, central locking along with child safety lock, front and rear fog lights, and halogen headlamps. Please note that the safety features available vary as per the choice of the variant. Top end variants are equipped with all of these features while the entry level guises have selected few features installed.
8. Can I buy Nissan Micra from CSD Canteen?
Yes. You can buy Nissan Micra through CSD Canteen in your city. It can help you save up to 10% on the cost of the car. But to get detailed information regarding pricing from CSD, it is advisable to get in touch with your nearest Nissan dealership or CSD Canteen.
9. How many colours does NISSAN offer for their all-new Micra?
The Micra is available in five different and attractive colours namely - Storm White, Turquoise Blue, Brick Red, Onyx Black and Blade Silver.
10. Which vehicle segment can the Micra be categorized under? Which cars does it have to compete with?
11. Is an automatic transmission variant available or is it only manual transmission?
Currently, the Micra is available equipped with both Manual Transmission as well as Automatic Transmission which has a Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG). Six variants have the 5-speed manual transmission and the remaining 1 variant, XV CVT variant has an Xtronic® continuous variable transmission technology with a 5-speed gearbox.
12. What are the dimensions of Nissan Micra? What type of tyres does the company provide?
Here are the basic dimensions of Nissan Micra:
· Height: 1520 mm
· Weight: 978 kg
· Ground Clearance: 154 mm
· Min. turning Radius: 4.65 m
· Wheelbase: 2450 mm
· Wheel type: Steel Wheels
· Front Tyre: 165/70 R14- 14” radial, tubeless
· Rear Tyre: 165/70 R14- 14” radial, tubeless
13. Tell me about the warranty that I get with the car?
The manufacturer Nissan offers a 24 month (2 years) or 50,000 km warranty, whichever comes first from the date of delivery, on all versions of the Nissan Micra. There is no restriction or limitation for the distance of the warranty and you can avail it anywhere you need to.