Nissan Terrano FAQs
1. What is the acceleration in Nissan Terrano? What is the top speed?
The diesel engine powered variants of Terrano accelerate from standstill to 100 kmph in a commendable 12 seconds. The petrol engine variants tend to be comparatively faster as they clock in at 11 seconds as they accelerate from 0 to 100 kmph. The 1.5-liter k9k diesel engine powers the diesel variants to a top speed of 175 kmph while the 1.6-liter petrol engine equipped variants reach a maximum speed of 165 kmph.
2. How many fuel types are available for Nissan Terrano in India?
The Nissan Terrano comes in two different fuel types - petrol and diesel. The petrol version has only one variant. The diesel versions have been further split into 3 categories - diesel 84HP, diesel 108HP and diesel 84HP (AMT). There are a total of 6 variants distributed across these 3 categories.
3. What safety features have been installed in the Terrano?
Nissan have made certain to equip the Terrano with latest high-quality safety and security systems, like antilock braking system (ABS), electronic stability program, electronic brake force distribution (EBD), engine immobilizer, power door lock, central locking, hill assist, brake assist, driver airbag, passenger airbag, child lock safety, speed sensing automatic lock, turn indicators on ORVM, rear wiper, rear parking sensors, and cruise control.
4. How many color options are available for Nissan Terrano?
Customers can select from a range of six dynamic colors of the Nissan Terrano. The colors are Sandstone Brown, Blade Silver, Bronze Grey, Sapphire Black, Pearl White and Fire Red.
5. Does the manufacturer provide any warranty on this car?
Yes, Nissan have provided a factory warranty of 2 years (24 month) or 50,000 km, whichever comes first from the date of delivery, for the compact SUV Terrano. Extension of the warranty isn’t available at the moment.
6. What are the various body dimensions and wheel specifications of Nissan Terrano?
Being a compact SUV, Terrano is a bulky machine with wheels & tyres suitable to handle the weight of the chassis. Some of the specifications of the chassis, wheels and brakes are:
· Height: 1671 mm
· Weight: 1802 kg
· Ground Clearance: 205 mm
· Wheelbase: 2673 mm
· Number of doors: 5
· Seating Capacity: 5 adults
· Min. Turning Radius: 520 m
· Wheel type: Machined alloy wheels
· Front tyres: 215/65 R16 98H; 16” tubeless
· Rear tyres: 215/65 R16 98H; 16” tubeless
· Front brakes: Disc brake with McPherson Strut double acting shock absorber
· Rear brakes: Drum brake with trailing arm double acting shock absorber
7. How many version or variants are available for the Nissan Terrano?
Customers in India are offered 6 variants of the Nissan Terrano. 5 variants have a diesel engine and the remaining one has a petrol engine. The variants are:
· XE D (diesel 84HP)
· Sports Edition (diesel 84HP)
· XL D (O) (diesel 84 HP)
· XV D PRE 110 PS (diesel 108HP)
· XV D PRE 110 PS AMT (diesel 108HP automatic)
· XL P (petrol)
8. Which engine has been installed in Nissan Terrano?
There are three engines that power the diesel and petrol versions of Nissan Terrano. The engine specifications are:
· Diesel 84HP - 1461 cc, 4 cylinder, 8 valve, 1.5 liter k9k diesel engine producing maximum power of 84 bhp @ 3750 rpm and peak torque of 200 N @ 1750 rpm. This engine has a front wheel drive train and is associated with a 5-speed transmission set-up.
· Diesel 108HP - 1461 cc, 4 cylinder, 8 valve, 1.5 liter k9k diesel engine generating maximum power of 108 bhp @ 4000 rpm and maximum torque 245 Nm @ 1750 rpm. This engine is associated with a 6-speed transmission gearbox.
· Petrol - 1598cc, 4 cylinder, 16 valve, 1.6 liter petrol engine that generates a maximum torque of 148 Nm @ 3750 rpm and has a maximum power output of 103 bhp @ 5750 rpm. This engine works together with a 5-speed transmission gearbox.
9. What are the comfort and convenience features for interior and exterior of this car?
The stylish and attractive interior and exterior features offered by Nissan Terrano are air conditioning & heating system, electrically adjustable rear view mirrors, height adjustable driver seat, lumbar support, front & rear armrests, high quality upholstery, steering adjustment, steering infotainment controls, 12V power outlets, keyless entry, GPS navigation, average fuel efficiency indicator, climate control, distance to empty indicator, seat belt warning, door ajar warning, and front & rear fog lamps.
10. Which vehicle category does the Terrano belong to? Who are its main competitors?
Nissan has introduced the Terrano as a compact Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) to the customers in the Indian Market. Other SUVs present in the market like Hyundai Creta, Honda BR-V, Mahindra Scorpio, Renault Duster, Jeep Compass and Ford EcoSport are in tough competition with the Terrano.
11. Is there an automatic transmission variant of the Terrano?
Yes, Nissan has launched one automated manual transmission variant with a diesel version in India. This variant has a 1.5-liter, 8 valve k9k engine and a 6-speed automated manual gearbox and a front wheel drive (FWD) drive train.