- Petrol Engine Sound
- Diesel Engine Sound
Skoda Fabia Reviews (11)
Read all Skoda Fabia Reviews Write a Review
Skoda Fabia Sales Statistics
Skoda Fabia News
- Skoda Trainees Create Fabia-Based FUNstar Pickup Concept Anurag Busi, 01-05-2015 The Škoda FUNstar will be making its public debut at the 34th GTI Meeting at Wör...
- Skoda crosses milestone of producing million vehicles in a year for the first time Arjit Garg, 11-12-2014 The millionth car was a moon white Skoda Fabia, rolled off the line from the Mla...
- 2015 Skoda Fabia revealed online Gauri Lokhre, 19-08-2014 The third-generation Fabia hatchback is slated to debut at the 2014 Paris Motor...
- 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift Test Mule Spotted in India Anurag Busi, 20-04-2017 The new Skoda Octavia was unveiled globally in October last year while exhibitin...
- Hyundai Elite i20 vs Maruti Baleno - Premium battle Ashish Masih, 03-12-2015 The Maruti Baleno is squarely aimed at the Hyundai Elite i20 in every which way....
- Ford Figo vs VW Polo - Hot Match Ashish Masih, 21-12-2015 Can the stylish new Ford Figo outclass the sophisticated and solidly built VW Polo?...
- Volkswagen Polo 1.5 TDI - Power Pack Arjit Garg, 30-10-2015 India's poshest hatchback has received a mild facelift and we find about the changes...
- Tata Bolt vs Maruti Suzuki Swift - Swifty Affair Arjit Garg, 02-09-2015 We recently drove the Tata Bolt Revotron 1.2 petrol and the Maruti Suzuki Swift Petrol...
Skoda Fabia Overview
Skoda Fabia is being available in as many as 7 variants, out of which 4 are petrol while remaining three being diesel ones. Apart from the regular 1.2L petrol and diesel engines, the company has also provided the heavy and powerful 1.6-litre petrol engine with the top notch variant of the hatchback. Ironically, despite being an advanced, up-market and sophisticated hatchback; it lacks an automatic variant which is available with several of its competitors. Lased with almost every single innovative safety feature, Fabia leaves an immensely tiny space for any kind of error.
Skoda Fabia Exterior
As we go on sideways and rear end of the car, the hatchback gets more desirable. The 15" alloy wheels are a eye-candy and seduces an individual almost instantly. Even, the wheel caps have three-dimensional contouring in order to bring out a more rugged appeal. Roof-rails are tail lamps are decent at their place. Skoda has offered Fabia hatchback in 5 dynamic eye-soothing shades - Candy White, Cappuccino Beige, Flash Red, Magic Black, and Brilliant White. The overall exterior appearance is better than its previous edition and the enhanced sportiness would certainly help in snatching more and more attention.
Skoda Fabia Interior
Skoda has not disappointed the music lovers as it has presented the hatchback with a 2-DIN Beat audio player with large format display, four speakers and auxiliary audio input for portable media players. The company has succeeded pretty well in its quest of providing a spacious cabin as there is adequate legroom, head room and shoulder room for the front as well as the rear seat passengers. Additionally, there is a boot space of 315 litres which can swallow a healthy amount of luggage. Apart from it, there are several useful small places to keep belongings such as illuminated glove box, front and rear cup holders and bottle holders in front doors.
Skoda Fabia Engine & Transmission
On the other hand, the Czech based auotgiant also offers the top-end variant Elegance of the hatchback with the robust 1.6L petrol engine which also does its duties to company's another sedan and its elder sibling, the Rapid sedan. This hefty mill displaces 1598cc and is a 4-cylinder engine. It belts out a maximum power output of 103.2bhp at 5250rpm and a peak torque performance of 153Nm at 3800rpm. Now, if looked upon the diesel powertrains; the company has gone for its tried and tested 1.2L TDI CR Turbocharged diesel engine. It is a 3-cylinder engine and displaces 1199cc. It develops a decent power of 73.7bhp at 4200rpm and torque of 180Nm at 2000rpm. All the three engines, be the 1.2L Petrol, be the 1.6L Petrol or be the 1.2L diesel, are coupled with a 5-speed manual and fully synchronized transmission system in order to capitalize on fuel efficiency while maintaining an impressive performance while the power is being transmitted via the front wheels.
Skoda Fabia Mileage
Skoda Fabia Braking and Safety
The hatchback, certainly a safe vehicle, going by the aforementioned features and nonetheless, at the same time, a very secured car. In order to deceive thieves and other robbers, it uses engine immobiliser with floating code system, security code for audio player, child-proof rear door locking, remote control with foldable key, remote central locking and unlocking of doors and boot lid etc. to name a few.
Skoda Fabia Performance and Handling
The hatch crosses the 0-100kmph barrier in 15 seconds with the former, while the later registers a timing of 14 seconds. Skoda Fabia clocks a top speed of 160kmph with both these highly refined petrol engines. The diesel mill is the best among all with accomplishing the 100kmph mark from standstill in 17 seconds along with an thunderous top speed of 185kmph.
What do we think about Skoda Fabia?
Skoda Fabia Competitors
Other Skoda Cars
More on Skoda Fabia