Tata Indica V2 Xeta
Tata Indica V2 Xeta
- Petrol Engine Sound
- Diesel Engine Sound
- Tata Indica V2 Xeta Competitors
- Recently viewed cars
Tata Indica V2 Xeta Reviews (11)
Read all Tata Indica V2 Xeta Reviews Write a Review
Tata Indica V2 Xeta Sales Statistics
Tata Indica V2 Xeta News
- Tata Tigor to ride on Bridgestone Tyres Mayank, 19-04-2017 Tata Tigor will get a tyre size of 175/65 R14 (front) and 175/60 R15 (rear) with...
- Production-Ready Tata Nexon First Clear Images Out Mayank, 16-04-2017 Going by the spy-shots, the spotted mule of Tata Nexon seems to be of the top-en...
- Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti, Hyundai, Tata & Renault Cars – April 2017 Davender Soni, 10-04-2017 Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Tata & Renault Cars in t...
- Tata Motors retail 3011 units of Tigor in March 2017 Mayank, 07-04-2017 In what seems to be a co-incidence, Tata Motors sold 3022 units of Tiago hatchba...
- Tata Tigor – The future is bright Ashish Masih, 20-03-2017 Tiago based entry sedan has looks, cabin quality and comfortable ride quality to...
- Tata Bolt: 6 month term report Abhijeet Singh, 30-11-2016 Our Tata Bolt has cemented its reputation as a brilliant city runabout. 6 months...
- Tata Hexa vs Toyota Innova Crysta vs Mahindra XUV500 Abhijeet Singh, 09-12-2016 Tata Hexa is entering a segment which already has two popular best-sellers, Toyota...
- Tata Hexa – Upwardly mobile Ashish Masih, 25-10-2016 The Hexa is more than just a reskinned version of the Aria, it’s a very worthy rival...
Tata Indica V2 Xeta Overview
And although it misses out on the frugality of the diesel engine, all other traits (both good and bad ones) are present in the Xeta, from the much talked about ride quality to the boring (and sub-par at places) yet comfortable and spacious interior.
Tata, who had no prior experience in making cars like the Indica did a commendable job with the product. But once you take the car out of isolation and introduce the competition, that's where the Indica starts to look out of place. It is old and even someone who neither has an interest nor knowledge about automobiles won't think twice before saying that.
Beyond the old looks and a slightly tarnished image lies a practical and hugely spacious car.
The suspension setup, tuned to keep the occupants happy even on bad roads, is impressive. But while that provides optimum comfort, it makes the Indica not the most suitable option for those who are looking at driving pleasure from the car.
Tata Indica V2 Xeta Exterior
The now discontinued Xeta was last offered with clear-lens headlamps, an unmistakable smiling grille, and a neat looking bumper on the front. On the sides, it still sports the same silhouette that the original Indica did, back in the day. The rear too now gets clear-lens tail lamps while the Christmas tree lights still adorn the rear end of the Indica.
Both GLS and GLX variants get body coloured bumpers, but there still are things where the GLX (being the higher spec variant) gets exclusive stuff. While certain elements like the chrome garnish on the grille were available across all variants, the GLX, being the top-spec, was offered with alloy wheels and body coloured treatment for plastics bits.
Tata Indica V2 Xeta Interior
What the Indica lacks in quality, it makes up in terms of space. If you plan to settle for the GLX variant, then you would get a 2-speaker music system, ready with Bluetooth, USB, Aux-input, CD and Radio playback. It comes with a remote too. Also, since Indica's dashboard design remains very much the same as it was when launched, the little digital clock still finds its way on the dashboard.
Tata Indica V2 Xeta Engine & Transmission
As for the Xeta, it got 65PS of power and 100Nm of torque from the 1.2-litre mill. While the figures (and the engine characteristics) won't set hearts racing, there was acceptable levels of performance available from the engine.
Tata Indica V2 Xeta Mileage
Tata Indica V2 Xeta Braking and Safety
Tata Indica V2 Xeta Performance and Handling
The engine boasts decent roll on times, but aren't exactly peppy, thanks in large part to the large size (and weight) of the car. The 13-inch wheels are a bit small but have been chosen to offer a more comfortable setup, which it successfully does.
What do we think about Tata Indica V2 Xeta?
It needs to mentioned that given the Xeta's age and lack of quality, it would make a lot more sense in checking out the Indica Vista instead, if you are looking for something upmarket from the Indica range.
Tata Indica V2 Xeta Competitors
Other Tata Cars
More on Tata Indica V2 Xeta