Tata Indica V2
Tata Indica V2
- Petrol Engine Sound
- Diesel Engine Sound
- Tata Indica V2 Competitors
- Recently viewed cars
Tata Indica V2 Reviews (5)
Read all Tata Indica V2 Reviews Write a Review
Tata Indica V2 Sales Statistics
Tata Indica V2 News
- Tata Tigor to ride on Bridgestone Tyres Mayank, 19-04-2017 Tata Tigor will get a tyre size of 175/65 R14 (front) and 175/60 R15 (rear) with...
- Production-Ready Tata Nexon First Clear Images Out Mayank, 16-04-2017 Going by the spy-shots, the spotted mule of Tata Nexon seems to be of the top-en...
- Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti, Hyundai, Tata & Renault Cars – April 2017 Davender Soni, 10-04-2017 Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Tata & Renault Cars in t...
- Tata Motors retail 3011 units of Tigor in March 2017 Mayank, 07-04-2017 In what seems to be a co-incidence, Tata Motors sold 3022 units of Tiago hatchba...
- Tata Tigor – The future is bright Ashish Masih, 20-03-2017 Tiago based entry sedan has looks, cabin quality and comfortable ride quality to...
- Tata Bolt: 6 month term report Abhijeet Singh, 30-11-2016 Our Tata Bolt has cemented its reputation as a brilliant city runabout. 6 months...
- Tata Hexa vs Toyota Innova Crysta vs Mahindra XUV500 Abhijeet Singh, 09-12-2016 Tata Hexa is entering a segment which already has two popular best-sellers, Toyota...
- Tata Hexa – Upwardly mobile Ashish Masih, 25-10-2016 The Hexa is more than just a reskinned version of the Aria, it’s a very worthy rival...
Tata Indica V2 Overview
Although there might have not been drastic changes to the car or so may appear, but the model being sold is miles ahead of the original Indica. It's not just more refined, it feels and drives better too. Tata, who had no prior experience in making cars like the Indica did a commendable job with the product. But once you take the car out of isolation and introduce the competition, that's where the Indica V2 starts to look out of place. It is old and even someone who neither has an interest nor knowledge about automobiles won't think twice before saying that.
Beyond the old looks and a slightly tarnished image lies a practical and hugely spacious car. The recent updates have upped the drivability standards and it can very well be a personal car. The suspension setup, tuned to keep the occupants happy even on bad roads, is impressive. But while that provides optimum comfort, it makes the Indica not the most suitable option for those who are looking at driving pleasure from the car.
There are two trim levels available on both the eV2 and V2, namely LS and LX. The car can seat five, and boasts good space both inside the cabin and in the boot.
Tata Indica V2 Exterior
At present, the vehicle is offered with clear-lens headlamps, an unmistakable smiling grille, and a neat looking bumper on the front. Moving to the sides, the car no longer comes with the added over-fenders that it once sported, and appears to be a clean on the sides. The rear too now gets clear-lens tail lamps while the Christmas tree lights still adorn the rear end of the Indica. Use of chrome, like on the radiator grille and on the hatchback door look nice without being too loud. Sadly that's all about the design.
Both LS and LX variants get body coloured bumpers, but there still are things where the LX (being the higher spec variant) gets exclusive stuff. The wheel size on both the V2 and eV2 is 13-inch while the eV2 LX (the most expensive and loaded version of Indica) can be had with 14-inch wheels.
Talking about wheels, the wheel caps look just about okay and Tata doesn't offer alloy wheels on any of the variants. What the company does offer is things like electrically adjustable OVRMs with side blinkers, body coloured door handles, front fog lamps on the LX variant.
Tata Indica V2 Interior
What the Indica lacks in quality, it makes up in terms of space. If you plan to settle for the LX variant, then you would get a 2-speaker music system, ready with Bluetooth, USB, Aux-input, CD and Radio playback. It comes with a remote too. Also, since Indica's dashboard design remains very much the same as it was when launched, the little digital clock still finds its way on the dashboard.
Tata Indica V2 Engine & Transmission
Tata Indica V2 Mileage
Tata Indica V2 Braking and Safety
Tata Indica V2 Performance and Handling
What do we think about Tata Indica V2?
Tata Indica V2 Competitors
Other Tata Cars
More on Tata Indica V2