Tata Nexon FAQs
1. How much do the Tata Nexon petrol and diesel variants cost?
The Tata Nexon comes in 11 petrol variants ranging from Rs. 6.23 to 9.69 lakh. There are three diesel versions available in the price range of Rs. 7.26 to 10.67 lakh. These prices apply to the city of New Delhi.
2. What type of engine is available in the Tata Nexon?
With Tata Nexon, Tata Motors has added two new engines to its portfolio. The petrol SUV model has a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder turbocharged Revotron motor. The diesel variants come equipped with a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder oil burner from Revotron.
3. What is the ground clearance level of the Tata Nexon?
The high ground clearance is one of the advantages of the Tata Nexon. This vehicle comes with a wheelbase of 2498 mm and commands a respectable ground clearance of 209 mm. That should take care of any obstacle on the Indian roads.
4. Does the Tata Nexon come with the CNG option?
The Tata Nexon is available only in the diesel and petrol variants. There is no CNG option available in the original design. You can fit a CNG kit in the Tata Nexon XM Petrol variant, but it is not advisable to do so as this vehicle does not come with a company-fitted CNG option.
5. Which of the Tata Nexon variants is a better one, petrol or diesel?
It depends on how much you propose to drive your Tata Nexon. Usually, if your average traveling is around 50 to 60 km a day, it is advisable to opt for the petrol version. The diesel vehicles are comparatively expensive to the petrol variants. Hence, it is better to go for the diesel variant if you are a frequent traveller who clocks more than 70 km a day on an average.
6. Is it advisable to purchase the Tata Nexon in December 2018 or should we wait for the New Year?
December is usually the time when all automobile manufacturers provide attractive cash discounts and exchange offers to clear the stock. Therefore, you witness the maximum purchases between November and January. If you wish to wait for the 2019 model, you should purchase your vehicle in February. Otherwise, December is a perfect time.
7. What is the principal difference between the Nexon and Nexon Kraz?
The Nexon Kraz comes in two petrol and two diesel variants. There is not much difference between the different models of Tata Nexon. The pricing of these cars depends on the additional amenities available in these vehicles. The Tata Nexon Revotron model starts from Rs. 6.23 lakh whereas the Tata Nexon Kraz variant starts from Rs. 7.15 lakh.
8. What are the different colour options available in the Tata Nexon?
The Tata Nexon comes in six peppy colour options that include: a) Vermont Red, b) Seattle silver, c) Moroccan blue, d) Glasgow grey, e) Calgary white and f) Berry orange.
9. What are the automatic variants of Tata Nexon?
Six of the Tata Nexon models have automatic transmission system. They are as follows.
- 1.2 Revotron XZA Plus
- 1.5 Revotorq XZA Plus
- 1.5 Revotorq XZA Plus with Dual Tone Roof
- 1.2 Revotron XZA Plus with Dual Tone Roof
- 1.2 Revotron XMA
- 1.5 Revotorq XMA
10. What is the USP of the Tata Nexon?
Tata Nexon is India’s first car to get a Global NCAP rating of 5 and become the safest car in India. It comes with features like ABS, dual airbags, child safety locks and excellent suspensions. Check out here the top 10 safest cars for Indian roads.