Why my Tata Tiago car doesn’t deliver good mileage, it just delivers mileage of 13 kmpl?
By: Sumit Arora on 18 august 2016
13 kmpl is really a low mileage as the claimed mileage of Tata Tiago (petrol) is around 24 kmpl while of diesel variant is around 27 kmpl; I advise you following things to improve your car’s mileage:
• Avoid aggressive driving; car should be driven at the optimum speed of 40-60 kmph as at high speed more fuel gets consumed.
• Select right gear as incorrect gearshifts can lead to more fuel consumption
• Choose the octane fuel which best suits your car; refer to your service manual for recommendation.
• For city driving, change to a higher gear when you are sure that the engine will not have to struggle and get into top gear as soon as possible.
• Check wheels for free rotation as under inflated tires increase fuel consumption.
• Avoid idling your vehicle, if you are going to stop more than 30 seconds, except in traffic, turn off the engine.
• Tune up the engine as properly tuned engine maximizes power and greatly enhance fuel efficiency, be sure that sparks plugs in good condition, change oil on time, make sure that air filter is clean.
• Make sure that the fuel tank cap has a good rubber seal.
• Unnecessary loads increase fuel consumption, so reduce unnecessary weight on the car.
• Under inflated tyres increase rolling resistance, this leads to higher fuel consumption.
• Service your car regularly according to manufacturer instructions.
Related Questions on Tata Tiago
Arun raj 2016-11-181Answer
I am 6.2 feet tall and want to buy a car between Tata Tiago and Maruti Suzuki Celerio, which one would be suitable for me? My preferences are low NVH levels, comfortable seats for long drive. When will Tiago automatic be launched?
Deepak garg 2016-11-051Answer
More on Tata Tiago