Why my Tata Tiago car doesn’t deliver good mileage, it just delivers mileage of 13 kmpl?
By: Sumit Arora on 18 august 2016
13 kmpl is really a low mileage as the claimed mileage of Tata Tiago (petrol) is around 24 kmpl while of diesel variant is around 27 kmpl; I advise you following things to improve your car’s mileage:
• Avoid aggressive driving; car should be driven at the optimum speed of 40-60 kmph as at high speed more fuel gets consumed.
• Select right gear as incorrect gearshifts can lead to more fuel consumption
• Choose the octane fuel which best suits your car; refer to your service manual for recommendation.
• For city driving, change to a higher gear when you are sure that the engine will not have to struggle and get into top gear as soon as possible.
• Check wheels for free rotation as under inflated tires increase fuel consumption.
• Avoid idling your vehicle, if you are going to stop more than 30 seconds, except in traffic, turn off the engine.
• Tune up the engine as properly tuned engine maximizes power and greatly enhance fuel efficiency, be sure that sparks plugs in good condition, change oil on time, make sure that air filter is clean.
• Make sure that the fuel tank cap has a good rubber seal.
• Unnecessary loads increase fuel consumption, so reduce unnecessary weight on the car.
• Under inflated tyres increase rolling resistance, this leads to higher fuel consumption.
• Service your car regularly according to manufacturer instructions.
Related Questions on Tata Tiago
Arun Kumar jena 2016-10-221Answer
When I accelerate, some abnormal noise comes from my new Tata Tiago which has covered just 300 kms, brakes also get jammed for few seconds. It delivers me a mileage of only 14 kmpl. Is there any manufacturing defect?
Dr Ajay Kumar Gupta 2016-10-181Answer
Deepak kholiya 2016-10-161Answer
More on Tata Tiago