I have a diesel model of Tata Tiago, it is delivering me a mileage of 16-18 kmpl, how can I improve its mileage?
By: Ajay bhadu on 18 may 2017
The ARAI certified mileage of Tata Tiago (diesel) is 27.2 kmpl and as per user reviews it delivers around 20-21 kmpl in city driving conditions and 24-25 kmpl on highway, so you can improve the mileage of your car a little, here are some suggestions:
• Avoid aggressive driving; car should be driven at the optimum speed of 60-70 kmph as at high speed more fuel gets consumed.
• Select right gear as incorrect gearshifts can lead to more fuel consumption.
• Do not use clutch unnecessarily.
• Make sure that sparks plugs are in good condition, change engine oil on time, make sure that fuel filter and air filter are clean.
• Avoid idling your vehicle, if you are going to stop more than 30 seconds (except in traffic) turn off the engine.
• Servicing of your vehicle must be carried out as specified in owner’s manual.