*Images shown are for reference only. Actual colours may vary from the ones shown here
Toyota Innova Key Features
Touchscreen With Bluetooth
Connect your infotainment system with your bluetooth phone and listen music of your choice,call your friends without any problem.
Proper 7-Seater MUV
Full size seats to house seven adults for a comfortable journey.
2nd & 3rd Row AC Vents
Now let the Rear AC cool your family members sitting in the rear while you are driving the car.
Key Features will be different from variant to variant
- Overall build quality is good
- Comfortable and spacious interiors
- VX trims come with a lot of features
- Short gearing hampers Innova’s highway performance
- Feels big for driving in the city
- The VX variant seems a little too pricey
- Petrol Engine Sound
- Diesel Engine Sound
Toyota Innova Reviews (111)
Read all Toyota Innova Reviews Write a Review
Toyota Innova Sales Statistics
Toyota Innova News
- Lexus now in India; Launched 3 models Davender Soni, 24-03-2017 Lexus has made its entry in India today and the brand has launched 3 models.
- Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti, Hyundai, Toyota & Renault Cars – March 2017 Davender Soni, 18-03-2017 Autoportal brings you the list of offers and discount on Maruti, Hyundai, Toyota...
- Toyota to unveil the Vios sedan in Auto Expo 2018 Anurag Busi, 16-03-2017 The Toyota Vios will be up against all of the established players like Honda Cit...
- 2017 Toyota Corolla Altis Launched at Rs. 15.87 Lakhs Mayank, 15-03-2017 The 2017 Toyota Corolla Altis is offered in a total of six variants: G MT, G CVT...
Toyota Cars Test Drives
- Toyota Innova – The king of MPVs Ashish Masih, 27-10-2014 Even though it is almost a decade old, the Innova still manages to be one of the...
- Toyota Innova 2013 detailed test drive review Shantonil Nag, 17-12-2013 The new Innova carries a lot of changes on the outside and the inside, are they any...
- Hyundai Creta – Call me baby Santa Fe Ashish Masih, 28-06-2015 The latest entrant into the compact SUV club promises to be the best mix of luxury,...
- Renault Lodgy – Space ace Ashish Masih, 02-04-2015 The French carmaker wants to imitate the success of the Duster with the well thought...
Toyota Innova Overview
The market is evolving, and so are the products. Toyota Innova is one of the frontrunners of the change. It successfully made MPVs more desirable (and more successful, in certain aspecs).
Now, after a couple of facelifts (none of them were path-breaking!) Innova still soldiers strong, so much so that the new entrants have to keep this Toyota as a benchmark when taking on the segment. The well-sorted overall package, the Innova is, has continued to garner sales with very much the same ingredients from the Toyota Qualis, and a bit more.
Toyota Innova Exterior
The side profile is one of the most simple but effective designs. Even with the length and rather large footprint, it doesn't look out of proportion. The side skirts, the alloy wheels and a very balanced design make the Innova look good from the side. Chrome on door handles and side beadings, and the new sticker job is a welcome touch.
The tail-gate mounted spoiler is almost vestigial. But the addition of the new reflector strip is not. It looks good and gives the rear design a lot more character than before. It looks more Nissan Evalia like but while retaining the overall design that we are so familiar to. The 15-inch alloys look small but since Innova's made for ride comfort and not out and out cornering pleasure, it's well understandable.
Toyota Innova Interior
Third row isn't bad either, and since the vehicle is wide enough, two people can sit here without awkwardly nudging each other's shoulders. As in the case of most MPVs, the rear bench can be folded to accommodate more luggage.
The top-spec variant comes with things like reverse parking camera, a 2-DIN touch screen entertainment system, steering mounted controls etc. The dashboard layout might be the same as before but quality, fit and finish look good.
Toyota Innova Engine & Transmission
Unlike the FIAT-sourced 1.3-litre diesel and the Renault 1.5-litre dCI (K9K) engine found in competitors, this is a bigger engine, so ideally it would be less stressed on longer journeys (or carrying more load). The diesel clatter is present, but it's not very intrusive, and shouldn't hamper the comfort levels of passengers inside.
Toyota Innova Mileage
Toyota Innova Braking and Safety
On the braking front, it gets discs up front and drums at the rear. ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is standard across the model range. That, along with the stability, should take care of helping the driver stop within the available space and time.
Driver airbag is available on all variants, while the higher ones get a front passenger airbag as well. Apart from the active safety features, the structure of the Innova is made in such a way to increase the occupants' safety.
Toyota Innova Performance and Handling
The Innova is powered by a 2.5-litre diesel engine, which produces 102PS of power and 200Nm of torque. All that to pull this 4.5 meter vehicle? The engine doesn't feel underpowered, it pulls cleanly and with the level of smoothness that won't wake your passengers up. The delivery is very linear and that's what makes driving the Innova very easy.
The gearbox, a 5-speed unit, works well. And unless you want to drive quick, it doesn't disappoint. It can cruise easily at well over 100kmph but if you want to rev hard in every gear to reach there, expect the vehicle to disobey you. The best option is keep it to upshift at around 2k rpm, reach the fifth gear and enjoy the slightly laid back driving experience. Torque is widespread between 1200 and 3600 rpm, which further enhances the drive.
Handling-wise, Innova feels quite sorted too. The stability is good, the drivability is decent, and on-road manners are respectable too. There's some body roll, and that's expected from a suspension setup tuned mainly to aid comfort. Having said that, it must also be mentioned that the roll isn't too high and for an MPV, it manages to offer decent dynamics.
Enthusiasm is best kept under control, because given the size of the vehicle, one should keep in mind the mail purpose of the Innova, which is being a safe and fast people mover.
What do we think about Toyota Innova?
There are automobiles that look better (Duster and EcoSport), are more car-like (Ertiga and Mobilio), can handle bad roads better (XUV500 and Storme), but even after the numerous updates, the age-old Innova still proves to be a great vehicle for not only the tour operators but also personal use!
Toyota Innova Competitors
The MUVs like Chevrolet Tavera, and MPVs like Mahindra Xylo do the job well, but feel short on desirability and the build that the Toyota offers.
SUVs like Mahindra XUV500 and Tata Safari Storme might be in the same price bracket, but they are entirely different vehicles, and while they may excel at off-roading, it's the Innova that does cruising better.
Other Toyota Cars
More on Toyota Innova
Toyota Innova Important Features
- Toyota Innova Boot Space Capacity
- Toyota Innova Ground Clearance
- Toyota Innova Fuel Tank Capacity
- Toyota Innova Power windows
- Toyota Innova Air Conditioner
- Toyota Innova ABS
- Toyota Innova Airbags
- Toyota Innova Bluetooth Connectivity
- Toyota Innova Defogger
- Toyota Innova Music System
- Toyota Innova Steering Mounted Controls