Santosh Nair's review on
Ameo Highline Plus 1.2L (P)
Year of Manufacture : 2017 | Driven no. of Kms. :
Ameo was the first car for which I took a test drive, by chance, even when I was not even thinking about buying one. Fast forward to 6 months, my wife and I went through Honda, Hyundai, Ford and were almost about to buy the i20. This was just a week before the implementation of GST. Fortunately, I would say now, they did not have the color we wanted and rather disappointed, we both once again started our search and ended up at the Volkswagen showroom. And this time, it was like love at first sight. We loved everything about this car the looks, the features, the comfort. Without even taking a test drive, we booked the car which is a fully loaded, top variant of petrol model and got the delivery within 3 days.
1. Build quality you can feel it when you close the door.
2. Rain sensing wipers. We got it during monsoon so this feature was fun.
3. Windows can be remotely rolled up and down.
4. All 4 windows are anti pinch and 1 touch up down. Strangely, no other brand gives this
5. Auto dimming rear view mirror
6. Front arm rest
7. Tilt and telescopic steering
8. Height adjustment for driver seat. It is a much needed feature for me.
9. Electrically adjustable ORVMs
10. Rear A.C. vents
11. Reverse parking camera
12. Bottom cut steering gives a premium look
13. Touch screen infotainment system with speakers having superb sound quality
1. Slightly cramped passenger seating area
2. Mileage is slightly challenging with A.C. within the city - averages 12 kmph.
3. Rear- A.C. vent is not so effective
4. Seat-belt warning is missing
5. Feel the lack of 1 cylinder
6. Navigation is missing even in the top model.