After an eventful and a very busy first day that came with exciting launches, tons of surprises and a few disappointments, it was time for the last and concluding media day, before the automotive conventions threw open its doors for the general public.
Day Two also saw tons of new products presented by at least a dozen manufacturers. The brightest spotlight of which, involuntarily fell on India’s largest and most trusted automobile brand, Maruti Suzuki India who officially launched its all-new Celerio hatchback, which is set to replace the Zen Estillo and the A-Star globally.
Here’s a brief round-up of all the happenings and events that got underway yesterday, in case you missed any of our live and extensive coverage of the 2014 Auto Expo.
Also, to catch up on the Day One Highlights, Click Here.
- Hyundai i20 WRC Car displayed
- The i20 WRC is essentially the car with which, Hyundai is making a comeback to the motorsport as a part of the Hyundai Shell World Rally team.
- Volkswagen Polo R WRC showcased
- Even as the Rally of Sweden is underway, Volkswagen manages to sneak one example out and display it, at the on-going 2014 Auto Expo in New Delhi. This particular example, has won the World Rally Championship in its debut season in 2013.
- Toyota Etios Cross revealed
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor has finally unwrapped the much hyped Etios Cross at the on-going 2014 Auto Expo in New Delhi. Based on the Etios Liva, the Etios Cross is basically the crossover version of its hatch counterpart and will go head to head with Volkswagen’s Cross Polo and the upcoming Fiat Punto Avventura in the Indian market. Expected to launch in India in the coming three months.
- Le Mans winning Audi R18 e-Tron Quattro displayed
- This is the first hybrid car that won the prestigious and super challenging 24 Hours of Le Mans. The hybrid version of the R18 Ultra, the R18 e-Tron Quattro made use of a Williams Hybrid Power flywheel system to store energy, 500kJ of which, was then made available to the front wheels of the car at speeds above 120 kmph.
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio launched in India
- The all-new Celerio hatchback that is set to replace the A-Star and the Zen Estillo in the Indian market has been officially launched in the country at a starting price of s 3.90 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
- Datsun GO+ MPV revealed
- Datsun’s seven seater MPV is expected to hit the streets in the second half of 2014 and when it does, it will rival the segment leader, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, the Nissan Evalia MPV and the upcoming Honda Mobilio.
- 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift revealed
- The refreshed flagship sedan from the Italian automaker will officially launch in the country next month.