- Maruti Suzuki India has added new safety features to the 2019 Alto K10.
- Changes have been made in compliance with the AIS 145 safety norms.
- The updated model gets ABS with EBD, speed alert system and seat belt remider from front seats.
- It also gets a standard driver side airbag.
- The 2019 Maruti Alto K10 range is available between Rs 3.66 lakh to Rs 4.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
Maruti Suzuki India has launched the 2019 Maruti Alto K10 with prices starting from Rs 3.66 lakh. The new safety features have been added in tandem with the AIS 145 safety norms. It gets anti-lock-braking system with electronic brakeforce distribution, driver and co-driver seat belt reminder and speed alert system as standard fitments.
The driver side airbag is now standard, which was available as optional in the preceding model. With addition of new safety tech, the 2019 Maruti Alto K10 price in India has gone up from Rs 3.39 lakh to Rs 3.66 lakh for the base variant. The fully-loaded top-spec trim is priced at Rs 4.44 lakh (all prices ex-showroom Delhi). Maruti has not updated the new pricing for the hatchback on its official website and in the brochure yet.
Media reports are rife that Maruti Alto 800 production has been stopped, implying dealerships will not accept any new order for the mini hatchback. However, Maruti is yet to confirm the same.
To keep abreast with the new models in the market, Maruti Suzuki India is developing a new SUV-styled hatchback, internally known as the Y1K. This upcoming hatchback will go squarely against the Renault Kwid. The prototype of the hatchback has already been previewed as the Future S Concept. The production version which is expected to be the next-gen Maruti Alto K10, is likely to arrive by June this year.