- Mercedes Benz G Class 350d to be sold as CBU.
- Mercedes G350d to have the same diesel engine as S350d.
- Mercedes G350d to feature the company's ‘widescreen cockpit’.
2019 Mercedes Benz G Class Launching on 16 October in India
Snapshot: Mercedes Benz will launch the 350d variant of the G Class on October 16, 2019, in the Indian market, which is affordable than the flagship offering G 63 AMG.
Mercedes Benz India has announced the launch of Mercedes Benz G Class 350d SUV on October 16, 2019, in the country. To date, the German luxury automaker used to retail the G-Class in the high-performance AMG avatar in the Indian market.
Now, with the introduction of this new variant, the buyers will have the option of a budget-friendly SUV somewhere in the range of Rs 1 Crore (Ex. Showroom) as compared to the G 63 AMG which is sold at Rs 2.19 Crores (Ex. Showroom) Being sold as CBU, it will be up against the likes of Toyota Land Cruiser LC 200.
As far as exterior styling is concerned, Mercedes Benz G350d will be a toned-down version of the AMG variant, i.e. sans the additional AMG kit. It will flaunt a simple front grille and smaller wheel arches while also being deprived of the AMG unit's 21-inch alloy wheels.
The cabin will boast of Mercedes' ‘widescreen cockpit’ which comes with twin separate screens for the infotainment system and instrument cluster. The AMG elements in upholstery will not be there but the features are expected to be almost identical.
Underpinning a ladder-frame chassis, it will be powered by a 3.0L 6-cylinder V6 turbocharged diesel engine which also powers the S350d (S-Class diesel). It will develop a top power of 286bhp and peak torque of 600Nm while the power is transmitted to all the four wheels en route a 9-speed automatic transmission. And, in order to keep intact the off-roading quotient, the G350d will also have three differential locks as standard.
Related car news
- 06-02-2020 Ankit Gupta A dazzling array of launches and unveilings from Mercedes Be...
- 23-01-2020 Autoportal Team Mercedes-Benz to unveil new GLA, A-Class sedan at Delhi Auto...
- 22-01-2020 Autoportal Team Mercedes Benz India to launch A-class Limousine in 2020 in p...
- 21-01-2020 Autoportal Team Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4-door Coupe India Launch At Auto Expo...
- 15-01-2020 Autoportal Team Mercedes-Benz Unveils EQ Electric Brand in India, EQC Launch...
- 12-12-2019 Prachi Walia India-Bound 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLA Unveiled Globally; Will R...
- Most Popular