- 2020 Africa Twin could be showcased at the Auto Expo in February.
- 2020 Africa Twin is more powerful by 7bhp than the current model.
- 2020 Africa Twin is also more expensive than the ongoing model.
2020 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Break Covers; India Launch in Mid-2020
Snapshot: 2020 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin is lighter in weight but more powerful than the preceding model due to the introduction of a new transmission.
The 2020 Honda CRF 1100 Africa Twin has been revealed by the company, while it goes on sale in global markets by March next year. Though, the India launch of the new motorcycle will take place in the second half of 2020. It is nearly 800 USD (Around Rs 57,000) more expensive than the current model as it attracts a sticker price of 14,399 USD (Around Rs 10.22 Lakhs) for the base variant. The 2020 Africa Twin has put all the rumors to rest which suggested that it would be bigger in size with a heavier and powerful engine.
The new motorcycle is lighter than its predecessor as it weighs just 498 kgs for the base variant and 236 kgs for the DCT variant. This weight reduction is due to the introduction of a lighter transmission. The 2020 Africa Twin draws power from a new 1084cc parallel-twin engine which has been redesigned with an increase in displacement. It comes with direct injection and ECU technology while the cylinder heads and valve timings have been tweaked. Hence, it is more powerful than before now with a top power of 100bhp - an increase of 7bhp from the current model. It develops a peak torque of 104Nm while a new muffler has also been equipped alongside a variable Exhaust Control Valve (ECV) for reducing carbon emission levels.
2020 Honda Africa Twin boasts of six riding modes: tour, urban, gravel and off-road (two customizable settings). The cosmetic changes are subtle in nature as the bike gets newly designed headlamp along with an increase in nose height. The exhaust pipe is covered with skid plates. Furthermore, the saddle height is adjustable now as it can be lowered down to 33.4 inches and raised up to 35.2 inches, as per the convenience of the rider. For those asking, the present model comes with a standard of 34.3 inches. Other premium features include cruise control, 6.5-inch TFT screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, USB port, wheelie control, auto turn-signal cancel, and Bluetooth connectivity. Expect the price to be in the vicinity of Rs 11-13 Lakhs (Ex. Showroom) upon arrival in India.
Related car news
- 04-04-2019 Naveen Kumar 2019 Honda Africa Twin launched at Rs. 13.5 lakh
- 23-02-2017 Anurag Busi Honda Africa Twin adventure motorcycle to be launched in Ind...
- 26-09-2019 Autoportal Team Honda Organizes Africa Twin True Adventure Camp Chapter 3 At...
- 17-09-2019 Autoportal Team 2020 Honda Africa Twin Details Leaked Online Ahead of Launch
- 28-08-2019 Autoportal Team Honda Cliq and Honda Navi Automatic Scooters Likely To Be Di...
- 29-07-2019 Prachi Walia 2020 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Teaser Video Officially Rele...
- Most Popular