- 2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza to launch next month
- 2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza introduced with three new dual-tone colors
- 2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza also features Icreate Customisation
Maruti Suzuki has finally taken the wraps of 2020 Vitara Brezza facelift at the Auto Expo. The pre-bookings for the new SUV starts from today across all the Maruti Suzuki ARENA showrooms in the country. 2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza facelift comes with a BS 6 compliant 1.5L petrol engine for the first time while the existing BS 4 diesel variants have been discontinued. The company has sold over 5 Lakh units of the SUV till date since its launch in 2016.
As for the exterior, the new Vitara Brezza flaunts a bull bar design & skid plates in order to lend it a rugged appearance. The integrated grille and LED projector headlamps with DRLs complement the overall layout of front fascia fairly well while it rides on new dual-tone diamond-cut 16-inch alloy wheels. The cabin boasts of techno-effect interior accents while the leather-wrapped steering wheel and 17.78 cm SmartPlay touchscreen infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity system make it even more premium. The SmartPlay unit provides Live traffic updates, voice recognition and vehicle alerts.
New features added in Vitara Brezza:
• Powertrain: Powerful and bigger 1.5 Litre BS6 petrol engine with superior NVH and fuel efficiency
• New exterior design: Bolder front & rear fascia with integrated grille and DRLs creating a distinct signature light. LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs & integrated turn, LED tail lamps, Dual-tone Diamond cut 16” alloy wheels
• New premium interiors: Techno-effect interior accents, leather-wrapped steering wheel
• Comfort and convenience: Automatic transmission with next-generation Smart Hybrid, auto-dimming IRVM and auto-folding ORVM
• Audio and entertainment: SmartPlay Studio with 17.78 cm screen size, vehicle alerts. live traffic navigation and access to curated online content
• Transmission: 5 speed Manual and advanced Automatic Transmission (with Smart Hybrid)
• Three new exciting dual-tone color options: Sizzling Red with Midnight Black roof, Torque Blue with midnight Black roof and Granite Grey with Autumn Orange roof
Some of the other features of the SUV are automatic rain-sensing wipers, cruise control, auto-retracting outside rearview mirror (ORVM), auto-dimming and antiglare inside rearview mirror (IRVM) and gear shift indicator. As for the safety of the occupants, 2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza facelift has been equipped with dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, driver and co-driver seat belt reminder, rear parking assist, high-speed warning alert, reverse parking sensors as standard across all variants. Three new dual-tone color schemes have also introduced: Sizzling Red with Midnight Black roof, Torque Blue with midnight Black roof and Granite Grey with Autumn Orange roof.
|Wheel Base||2500 mm|
|Engine||1.5 Litre K-series Petrol engine|
|Max Torque||138 Nm @ 4400 rpm|
|Max Power||77 kw @ 6000 rpm|
|Fuel Efficiency||MT: 17.03 Kmpl, AT (with smart hybrid): 18.76 Kmpl|
Mechanically, the 2020 Vitara Brezza is powered by a BS 6 compliant 1.5L K-Series petrol engine which delivers a top power of 103bhp at 6000rpm and peak torque of 138Nm at 4400rpm. The engine is offered with a 5-speed manual and advanced automatic transmissions. The AT variants will get the company's next-generation Smart Hybrid system with a Lithium-ion battery and hill hold assist feature. They will also boast of idle start-stop, torque assist functions and brake energy regeneration as standard. The SUV also comes with two enhanced personalization packages – Urban and Sporty.