- 2020 Tata Nexon facelift to take styling cues from Nexon EV
- The SUV to be in compliance with the updated pedestrian norms
- 2020 Tata Nexon to get same powertrains in BS 6 guise
2020 Tata Nexon Facelift Clear Images Out Ahead of Launch in India
Snapshot: The leaked images indicate that the 2020 Tata Nexon facelift will have substantial cosmetic updates with the same petrol and diesel engines, albeit BS 6 compliant.
Tata Motors has been working on the Nexon facelift for the past year or so and it had been spied several times on the Indian roads. Now, for the first time, courtesy AutoCar India, the clear images of the production-spec model of the SUV are up on the web. The leaked images indicate that the 2020 Tata Nexon facelift will have substantial cosmetic updates while mechanically it will have the same petrol and diesel engines, albeit with BS 6 certification.
The 2020 Tata Nexon facelift takes styling cues from the Nexon EV which had its global debut last month. In-line with the Nexon EV's styling, it comes with a heavily redesigned front fascia which includes new bumper and bonnet. The headlamps, fog lamps and grille too have been updated. The front grille is more sleek, reminiscent of the Harrier while the headlamps feature daytime running lamps (DRLs). Although, the company has not equipped the new SUV with the blue inserts that were the primary highlight of Nexon Electric. Inn addition, the 2020 Nexon facelift now complies with the pedestrian norms which will be implemented from October 2020.
Mechanically, the 2020 Tata Nexon will continue to be powered by the same 1.2L turbocharged petrol and 1.5L turbocharged diesel engines. However, both the engines will now be offered in BS 6 compliant mode. The transmission duties will be helmed by the same 6-speed manual and 6-speed AMT units. The 2020 Tata Nexon price will be higher by Rs 50,000, depending upon the variant, as compared to the present model due to the inclusion of BS 6 engines, multiple updates in the metal sheet and more equipments. The SUV will rival the likes of Maruti Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300 and Hyundai Venue in the Indian market.
Related car news
- 22-01-2020 Autoportal Team 2020 Tata Nexon facelift launched at a starting price of Rs...
- 09-12-2020 Ashish P Abraham Volkswagen India launches the 2020 Tiguan Allspace SUV at IN...
- 09-12-2020 Ashish P Abraham Tata Nexon EV catapults experiential marketing to next level
- 09-12-2020 Ashish P Abraham The top 10 fuel economy cars available in the Indian automot...
- 09-12-2020 Ashish P Abraham Maruti Suzuki launches the all-new powerful and stylish Vita...
- 09-12-2020 Davender Soni Exclusive: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift revealed in Clea...
- Most Popular