Aprilia SR150 to be priced at Rs 65,000, launch next month
Snapshot: It has been marketed as a ‘sport-scooterbike’ that has been designed rather aggressively when compared to everything its competition has to offer.
Aprilia showcased the SR150 for the very first time in India at this year’s AutoExpo 2016 in February and now the same will be launched very soon at an unbelievable price tag of Rs 65,000. The company totally blew away the guesses by declaring the price tag which is almost 30% less than the expected one. The SR150 is being manufactured in Piaggio’s facility in Baramati and hence the company is able to price it really competitively. The reports say the manufacturing has already begun and the launch is scheduled to take place next month. The scooter is targeted towards young buyers lying in the range of 18-26 years of age. It has been marketed as a ‘sport-scooterbike’ that has been designed rather aggressively when compared to everything its competition has to offer. It comes with fully blacked out 14-inch alloy wheels, sharp design and offers sporty riding ergonomics.
Speaking about Aprilia’s entry into the scooter segment, Roberto Colaninno, chairman and CEO, Piaggio Group said, “After the success of the Ape and the positioning of the Vespa in the premium segment of the Indian market, we are further strengthening our offer in the subcontinent with the entry on to the Indian market of the Aprilia SR 150 scooter. This vehicle is an excellent expression of the Noale manufacturer’s sport expertise and offers technological and style features superior to those of its direct competitors in its segment.”
We think you'd like...
- 2016-04-25 15:24:55Neeraj JhaAprilia to introduce 300-500cc motorcycles in India
- 2016-07-26 17:47:20Neeraj JhaAprilia SR 150 booking starts in India
- 2016-08-03 16:23:03Neeraj JhaAprilia SR 150 launching this month: Get detailed Feature, Specification and Price
- 2016-08-19 15:45:50Neeraj JhaAprilia SR 150 launch date announced
- 2016-08-23 16:17:17Prashant SinghAprilia SR 150 launched at Rs 66,000
- 2016-09-14 17:53:42Prashant SinghPiaggio starts Aprilia SR 150 deliveries in India