Aprilia to introduce 300-500cc motorcycles in India
Snapshot: Aprilia motorcycle may soon bring its mid-sized bikes to Indian Market.
Italian Motorcycle Company, one of the marques owned by Piaggio is all set to launch its first India-made scooter, SR150 this year. In a bid to expand its reach in Indian two-wheeler market, Piaggio Vehicles has confirmed that they are thinking about bringing midsized motorcycles (300cc-500cc) from Aprilia to the Indian market.
In an interview given to Autocar Professional, Stefano Pelle, managing director of Piaggio Vehicles said” Yes, we are evaluating the midsized Aprilia motorcycles. It is still in the study phase where we try to understand what could be the different segments where we should be. The perception of midsized motorcycles in India is the ones with the engine displacement of 300cc-500cc. This is something which could be interesting for us in the future.
Presently, the Company’s product portfolio includes premium superbikes that come with whopping price tags. Although, this plan is still in evaluating stage, but bike enthusiasts would love to see bikes that will go head on against the Yamaha R3, Kawasaki Ninja 300 and KTM Duke/RC 390. This also fuels the possibility that the company can even start local assembly these bikes at its Baramati Plant, Maharastra.
We think you'd like...
- 2016-07-18 18:15:37Prashant SinghAprilia SR150 to be priced at Rs 65,000, launch next month
- 2016-07-26 17:47:20Neeraj JhaAprilia SR 150 booking starts in India
- 2016-08-03 16:23:03Neeraj JhaAprilia SR 150 launching this month: Get detailed Feature, Specification and Price
- 2016-08-19 15:45:50Neeraj JhaAprilia SR 150 launch date announced
- 2016-08-23 16:17:17Prashant SinghAprilia SR 150 launched at Rs 66,000
- 2016-09-14 17:53:42Prashant SinghPiaggio starts Aprilia SR 150 deliveries in India