Bajaj's old War Horse P220 Sells 4 times than Karizma Updates!
Snapshot: The best Sports Tourer for the Country is still a hot seller!
The Bajaj Pulsar 220 is probably one of the most complete motorcycles to have been on sale in India, ever. With, considerably good power at 22 ps, from a single cyclinder Dts-i engine and a semi fairing to take care of the wind blasts but not letting the engine go absolute melting hot (as a full faired machine would happily do). The Pulsar 220 Dts-i with its price tag is probably by far the best Sports tourer you can still buy in the country. Knowing that the sport tourer segment is the most suited segment for Indian conditions, the Pulsar 220 Dts-i does make it a point that it might just still be the best motorcycle in the Country.
Bajaj came out with 'The Fastest Indian in its Dts-i avatar (previously it was Dts-FI) in 2009, while over the years Hero Honda and subsequently Hero MotoCorp have happily utilized the R's and M's and Z's from the English Alphabet collection. Last year when Hero MotoCorp came out with their 'New' Karizma family, it was supposed to get the fight to the Pulsar 220's legend, but well, it got some unanimous reviews of the not so good kind.
According to the official sales data we have, in October 2013, Hero sold 4,922 units of the Karizma's (R and ZMR) but managed to sell only 3,172 units of the beasts (pun intended) last month (Oct 14). The P220, has been carefully and smarty kept updated without any major changes in the styling by Bajaj. It has been enough to make the P220 still sell well after so many years. And the Avenger looks as gorgeous today as the Kawasaki Eliminator did way back in 2001 – nothing came close to the bike’s form (and function) back then, and nothing does so even now.
Therefore, it does not come as a surprise that Bajaj sold 12,803 Pulsar and Avenger 220s in October 2013, and 14,456 last month. And in the current financial year until now, April 2014-October 2014 i.e., Bajaj has sold 74,781 Pulsar and Avenger 220s and Hero MotorCorp could only manage 22,414 Karizmas, and even that number has more last gen Karizmas than the new ones.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-13 13:45:34Udit VishalBajaj developing Pulsar 200 NS FI for the Indonesian Market
- 2014-05-19 18:19:45Udit VishalBajaj launches Pulsar 200 NS FI in international markets
- 2014-05-29 12:03:40Udit VishalBajaj introduces new color shemes for Pulsar series
- 2014-11-27 16:51:32Sunny SoralSpied - Bajaj Pulsar 200SS with ABS!
- 2015-03-18 12:12:01Prashant SinghMore details out from the Indian microsite for the Bajaj Pulsar RS200
- 2015-06-09 10:58:37Prashant SinghBajaj Auto hints the launch of smaller capacity CS Pulsar
- 2015-06-23 12:07:53Prashant SinghBajaj increases the production of Pulsar RS 200
- 2015-07-17 13:35:19Sunny SoralBlack-Gold Colour Scheme coming for Pulsar RS200? Reports Suggest it may!
- 2015-07-23 12:42:11Prashant SinghPulsar RS200's crashes after front alloy breaks, says owner
- 2015-07-27 16:10:56Prashant SinghBajaj Auto's official statement on Pulsar RS200's rim breaking accident
- 2015-08-07 11:24:38Prashant SinghBajaj Auto to discontinue NS200 from the Indian line-up
- 2015-09-23 16:22:35Prashant SinghBajaj Auto launches RS 200 in 'Demon Black' color scheme
- 2015-10-30 11:02:11Prashant SinghBajaj Auto Hikes The Price of AS 200
- 2015-11-04 18:51:10Prashant SinghHas Bajaj Auto discontinued the Pulsar 200NS from its line up?
- 2016-01-06 12:42:55Prashant SinghBajaj Pulsar RS200 Tops 10 most searched bikes on Internet in 2015
- 2016-03-02 15:20:57Prashant SinghAll you need to know about the Bajaj Pulsar 'Festival of Speed' racing event!
- 2016-03-16 18:40:10Prashant SinghBajaj 'Festival of Speed' concluded on an exciting note in Delhi NCR!
- 2016-03-31 14:10:41Prashant SinghBangalore to host the next Bajaj 'FOS' event on 2nd April
- 2016-04-11 11:00:43Prashant Singh Bajaj Pulsar CS 400 spied getting tested in Pune
- 2016-04-18 12:19:19Prashant SinghBajaj Pulsar 200NS ABS spied getting tested
- 2016-04-29 14:17:29Neeraj JhaTop 10 selling Bikes and Scooters in FY16
- 2016-05-13 14:33:54Neeraj JhaBajaj Auto Finance enters partnership with India Post
- 2016-07-04 16:12:47Neeraj JhaBajaj Pulsar RS 200 gets new Red and white colour
- 2014-11-25 14:45:22Sunny SoralHero Motocorp - Rising high and fast in Sri -Lanka and Africa!
- 2015-06-02 17:21:03Prashant SinghHero might launch a new Karizma R to get back in game
- 2015-12-18 11:47:20Prashant SinghHero MotoCorp. ceases the production of current gen Karizma models