BMW displays Made-In-India G 310 R at the Bangkok Motor Show
Snapshot: This indicates BMW will offer the G310R in some of the ASEAN countries having good market for small segment motorcycles!
The iconic German auto maker partnered with the Indian motorcycle brand, TVS Motors, to begin its innings in India and at this year’s Auto Expo BMW Motorrad showcased their first product made in partnership with TVS, the G310R which made it difficult for the audience to keep their jaws from falling. And now BMW has displayed their made in India product, the G310R at the 37th Bangkok International Motor Show. With it BMW has shown indication of making its ASEAN debut and now it can be expected that BM will offer the G310R to some ASEAN countries which have good market for small capacity motorcycles.
Talking about the bike, it packs a 313cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine that is good enough to deliver a healthy 34bhp of max power at 9500rpm and has a peak torque of 28Nm that comes at 7500rpm. This engine comes mated to a 6-speed transmission and has an output that sits right in between the 200 and 390 Duke from KTM. When launched in India it will face serious competition from motorcycles like the KTM 390 Duke, Benelli TNT 300 and Kawasaki Z250.
Being designed & developed fully in house by BMW, the company has made sure to make it as exclusive as they can by giving it some of the features like heated grips, standard dual channel ABS. The front gets a single-disc brake with radially bolted 4-piston fixed caliper and a front disc diameter of 300 mm. On the other hand braking at the rear is done by a 2-piston floating caliper in conjunction with a 240 mm brake disc. The bike gets a full LCD display that shows all the necessary information to the rider with excellent clarity.
We think you'd like...
- 2016-02-09 10:59:11Prashant SinghBMW G310 R to be launched in the festive season this year
- 2016-04-21 11:40:22Neeraj JhaTVS BMW G310R to launch in India this festive season; Expected price and specification
- 2016-04-28 14:08:05Neeraj JhaTVS Akula 310 might be launched as Apache RTR 300
- 2016-05-04 12:55:06Neeraj JhaVideo: TVS BMW G310R spied testing in India; launching soon
- 2016-05-13 12:28:16Neeraj JhaVideo: BMW G 310 R official TV Commercial released
- 2016-05-23 12:24:18Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R to officially launch in October 2016
- 2016-06-16 14:32:10Prashant SinghBMW G310R caught getting tested on Indian soil again
- 2016-06-27 13:58:13Neeraj JhaBMW Motorrad to Launch Comic based on G 310 R Motorcycle
- 2016-06-30 13:06:15Prashant SinghBMW G310 R goes on sale in UK market
- 2016-07-07 13:51:22Neeraj JhaBMW Commences Production of G 310 R; Launch in October 2016
- 2016-07-08 16:29:03Neeraj JhaOptional Accessories for BMW G 310 R
- 2016-07-21 13:33:10Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R Launch in India postponed
- 2016-07-22 15:35:47Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R new promotional video released
- 2016-07-22 16:17:06Prashant SinghBMW G310R to be offered with Michelin tyres
- 2016-07-28 18:24:28Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R Test Ride with KTM Duke 390 and Yamaha MT03
- 2016-08-08 16:53:55Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R Motorcycle spotted again; India Launch in 2017
- 2016-08-09 14:10:49Neeraj JhaVideo: BMW G 310 R Exhaust sound; Indian Launch in 2017