BMW G310 R to be launched in the festive season this year
Snapshot: To head its Indian operations, BMW has also brought Shivapada Ray.
The first motorcycle from the Indo-German alliance, the BMW G310 R, is all set to make its Indian debut in the festive season this year. BMW displayed the motorcycle at the ongoing AutoExpo 2016 and the bike seemed to attract a big set of audience at the expo. Being the lowest priced bike in the entire line-up, the German motorcycle maker have high hopes for the success of the same. It is not only the lowest priced bike in BMW’s portfolio but also the first bike to be manufactured outside BMW’s home country, Germany.
To head its Indian operations, BMW has also brought Shivapada Ray. BMW is also looking forward to expand its dealerships across the country starting from the metro cities like Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.
We’ve had a chance to see the bike in flesh in the AutoExpo recent and you can check out the walkaround video of the same right here!
The bike comes powered with a 313cc single-cylinder engine with double overhead camshafts and electronic fuel injection. The engine is good enough to produce a healthy a 34bhp of maximum power at 9500rpm and 28Nm of peak torque at 7500rpm. Last year BMW tested the bike extensively to make sure that all the cards are placed at the right places. The G310R will go head to head against the KTM 390 Duke, Benelli TNT 300 and Kawasaki Z250.
We think you'd like...
- 2016-03-31 12:08:41 Prashant Singh BMW displays Made-In-India G 310 R at the Bangkok Motor Show
- 2016-04-21 11:40:22 Neeraj Jha TVS BMW G310R to launch in India this festive season; Expected price and specification
- 2016-04-28 14:08:05 Neeraj Jha TVS Akula 310 might be launched as Apache RTR 300
- 2016-05-04 12:55:06 Neeraj Jha Video: TVS BMW G310R spied testing in India; launching soon
- 2016-05-13 12:28:16 Neeraj Jha Video: BMW G 310 R official TV Commercial released
- 2016-05-23 12:24:18 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R to officially launch in October 2016
- 2016-06-16 14:32:10 Prashant Singh BMW G310R caught getting tested on Indian soil again
- 2016-06-27 13:58:13 Neeraj Jha BMW Motorrad to Launch Comic based on G 310 R Motorcycle
- 2016-06-30 13:06:15 Prashant Singh BMW G310 R goes on sale in UK market
- 2016-07-07 13:51:22 Neeraj Jha BMW Commences Production of G 310 R; Launch in October 2016
- 2016-07-08 16:29:03 Neeraj Jha Optional Accessories for BMW G 310 R
- 2016-07-21 13:33:10 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Launch in India postponed
- 2016-07-22 15:35:47 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R new promotional video released
- 2016-07-22 16:17:06 Prashant Singh BMW G310R to be offered with Michelin tyres
- 2016-07-28 18:24:28 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Test Ride with KTM Duke 390 and Yamaha MT03
- 2016-08-08 16:53:55 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Motorcycle spotted again; India Launch in 2017
- 2016-08-09 14:10:49 Neeraj Jha Video: BMW G 310 R Exhaust sound; Indian Launch in 2017