- BS6 Maruti Swift petrol price shall vary from Rs 5, 14,000 to Rs 8, 89,000 in Delhi and NCR region.
- BS6 Maruti Wagon R price shall vary from Rs 5, 10,000 to 5, 91,000 in Delhi and NCR region.
- In other parts of India BS6 Maruti Wagon R price shall vary from Rs 5, 15,000 to Rs 5, 96,000.
- The Maruti Swift now adheres to the AIS-145 safety norms.
- The BS6 update on both the hatchback comes in months ahead of the April 1, 2020 deadline.
Maruti Suzuki India has launched BS-VI complaint versions of its popular hatchbacks, Wagon R and Swift petrol. With this, the BS6 Maruti Swift petrol price shall vary from Rs 5,14,000 to Rs 8,89,000 (ex-showroom Delhi) depending on the features offered on the variants. The BS VI complaint hatchbacks have been rolled out months ahead of the April 1, 2020 deadline.
One must note the BS6 Maruti Swift Petrol price has gone up across variants. Besides, the Maruti Swift now adheres to the AIS-145 safety norms in both petrol as well as diesel versions. Maruti Suzuki Wagon R, which has also been updated to BS6 norms, also witnesses hike in price across variants, depending on the features offered in each variants. That said, the BS6 Maruti Wagon R price shall vary from Rs 5,10,000 to 5,91,000 in Delhi and NCR region, whereas the revised prices in other parts of India from Rs 5,15,000 to Rs 5,96,000.
The change in price for Maruti Wagon R is in line with the BS6 norms update and the usual revision to incur increase in input costs. The company is revising prices for 1.0-litre variants as well which shall vary from Rs 4,34,000 to Rs 5,33,000 in Delhi and NCR region and from 4,39,000 to 5,38,000 in other regions of India.
Aside from rolling out BS6 compliant versions of Maruti Wagon R and Maruti Swift petrol, the company has also launched CNG variants of its bread and butter hatchback, Alto. A test mule of Maruti Ertiga Cross, a rugged derivative of Maruti Ertiga was spied recently undergoing test runs in the country. The company could retail the model from its Nexa outlets.