Can India duplicate the Yamaha's R25 Indonesia's success?
Snapshot: Yamaha's much awaited R25 project, which is also praised by World champion Valentino Rossi for its engineering and handling is already creating waves in Indonesia
Yamaha's much awaited R25 project, which is also praised by World champion Valentino Rossi for its engineering and handling is already creating waves in Indonesia. Yamaha did an astonishing 2202 numbers in august month against 2159 numbers of hottest selling Ninja 250R. CBR is another rival in this segment but failed to create interest among buyers charting only 152 units.
Ninja and CBR both come in 2 versions i.e. ABS and Non ABS. The interesting fact is buyers preferred ABS version more than non ABS version. Sales figures speak for it. ABS units did a handsome 1714 units against 445 units of non ABS units. This is a lesson for Indian markets that safety is an important aspect when you are going for power and speed.
R25 can be a major sales pusher after their successful 2008 R15 and 2011 R15 V2 launch. Many competitors have came a long way in this segment giving hard time to Yamaha's sale. KTM's , Ninja's , CBR's are all among the Indian youth list due to large capacity engine and power output. R series somewhere lacked behind with only 150cc on cards.
R25 boasts of a parallel twin cylinder engine measuring 249cc producing 36 PS at 12000 rpm. That's an impressive figure by any means.
India launch is expected to be later this year as informed by Castrol Biking. R25 is expected to come in CKD version bringing down manufacturing cost. Chennai's new Yamaha plant will be utilized for assembling of vehicles.
Expect the price to be somewhere around 2.75 lakhs giving a tough competition to rivals.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-19 10:51:20Udit VishalYamaha YZF-R25 boasts redline at 14,000 RPM!
- 2014-05-20 13:45:20Udit VishalYamaha launches YZF-R25 in Indonesia
- 2014-05-23 13:50:21Divyanshu BooraYamaha YZF R25 breaks records in Indonesian market
- 2014-05-28 18:42:16Udit VishalYamaha announces acceossories for YZF-R25
- 2014-06-05 23:13:18Udit VishalYamaha YZF-R25 hit track in Japan
- 2014-06-12 12:48:12Udit VishalYamaha YZF-R25 special edition is inspired from MotoGP's YZR-M1
- 2015-05-15 16:22:00Sunny SoralSpied - Yamaha YZF-R3 testing in India