EBR bankrupt, Hero HX250R may not make it even until 2015 end
Snapshot: Hero HX 250R would miss the scheduled launch date by huge demand. Will the other bikes make it?
Hero’s American partner EBR (Erik Buell Racing) filed for bankruptcy recently. The news was a shock to the motoring world and Hero MotoCorp alike. Hero MotoCorp bought a 49.2% stake in the company for 25 million dollars. Hero made statement sometime ago in which they said that EBR’s bankruptcy would not affect the undergoing project since most of the projects are either completed or are nearing completion.
However, it may not be true since according to the latest reports from Autocar Professional, the much awaited quarter litre bike – HX250R that was supposed to be built in collaboration is not ready. Also, the company is seeking external help to complete the pending projects with its own R&D. The Hero HX250R, would be delayed enough to not be among us even by the end of this year. If you had been the one who was waiting for the motorcycle. It might be a better idea to look for options like Honda CBR 250R, KTM RC 390 etc.
We wonder what would happen to the other bikes – RNT, ZIR and Hastur and if they would make it to market as initially planned or if they would make it at all.
Source: Autocar Professional
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-05 15:16:57 Vidyadhar Sharma Hero HX250R not launching in November 2014 in India
- 2014-10-18 16:13:07 Arjit Garg Hero files patent for EBR 250 in Europe
- 2014-10-27 12:11:44 Arjit Garg Exclusive- Hero HX250R video preview
- 2015-04-09 11:08:56 Prashant Singh Hero HX 250R will be equipped with dual riding modes
- 2015-04-24 13:43:50 Prashant Singh Hero confirm's the future models remains unaffected from EBR's closedown
- 2015-08-18 15:44:32 Prashant Singh Hero HX250R spied completely undisguised for the first time
- 2016-02-16 17:50:19 Prashant Singh Hero HX250R – Specification, Top Speed, Images!
- 2014-05-30 23:07:58 Udit Vishal KTM RC390 Spied once again in India
- 2014-09-09 11:03:30 Arjit Garg Obsessed with good looks? Book one of this looker here!
- 2014-09-09 14:11:34 Arjit Garg KTM RC 390 launched for 2.05 lakh. A 'Ready to Race' deal indeed!
- 2014-11-14 11:57:30 Sunny Soral KTM's Shotgun in a Fist-Fight going to USA - RC390 to be priced $5499!
- 2015-11-06 15:10:50 Prashant Singh KTM declares Orange Cup in India for the first time
- 2015-12-02 11:58:14 Sunny Soral Spied - 2016 KTM RC390 shows itself in India, Launch Mid January!
- 2015-12-07 11:42:29 Prashant Singh KTM to introduce cornering ABS in their entry level motorcycles?
- 2015-12-17 14:56:38 Prashant Singh The 2016 KTM RC390 not to have the side mounted exhaust in India?
- 2016-02-01 13:41:09 Prashant Singh Say hello to the Turbocharged Devilish 60bhp KTM RC390
- 2016-02-11 11:08:12 Prashant Singh KTM silently launches the 2016 RC 390 and 390 Duke