EBR bankrupt, Hero HX250R may not make it even until 2015 end
Snapshot: Hero HX 250R would miss the scheduled launch date by huge demand. Will the other bikes make it?
Hero’s American partner EBR (Erik Buell Racing) filed for bankruptcy recently. The news was a shock to the motoring world and Hero MotoCorp alike. Hero MotoCorp bought a 49.2% stake in the company for 25 million dollars. Hero made statement sometime ago in which they said that EBR’s bankruptcy would not affect the undergoing project since most of the projects are either completed or are nearing completion.
However, it may not be true since according to the latest reports from Autocar Professional, the much awaited quarter litre bike – HX250R that was supposed to be built in collaboration is not ready. Also, the company is seeking external help to complete the pending projects with its own R&D. The Hero HX250R, would be delayed enough to not be among us even by the end of this year. If you had been the one who was waiting for the motorcycle. It might be a better idea to look for options like Honda CBR 250R, KTM RC 390 etc.
We wonder what would happen to the other bikes – RNT, ZIR and Hastur and if they would make it to market as initially planned or if they would make it at all.
Source: Autocar Professional
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-05 15:16:57Vidyadhar SharmaHero HX250R not launching in November 2014 in India
- 2014-10-18 16:13:07Arjit GargHero files patent for EBR 250 in Europe
- 2014-10-27 12:11:44Arjit GargExclusive- Hero HX250R video preview
- 2015-04-09 11:08:56Prashant SinghHero HX 250R will be equipped with dual riding modes
- 2015-04-24 13:43:50Prashant SinghHero confirm's the future models remains unaffected from EBR's closedown
- 2015-08-18 15:44:32Prashant SinghHero HX250R spied completely undisguised for the first time
- 2016-02-16 17:50:19Prashant SinghHero HX250R – Specification, Top Speed, Images!
- 2014-05-30 23:07:58Udit VishalKTM RC390 Spied once again in India
- 2014-09-09 11:03:30Arjit GargObsessed with good looks? Book one of this looker here!
- 2014-09-09 14:11:34Arjit GargKTM RC 390 launched for 2.05 lakh. A 'Ready to Race' deal indeed!
- 2014-11-14 11:57:30Sunny SoralKTM's Shotgun in a Fist-Fight going to USA - RC390 to be priced $5499!
- 2015-11-06 15:10:50Prashant SinghKTM declares Orange Cup in India for the first time
- 2015-12-02 11:58:14Sunny SoralSpied - 2016 KTM RC390 shows itself in India, Launch Mid January!
- 2015-12-07 11:42:29Prashant SinghKTM to introduce cornering ABS in their entry level motorcycles?
- 2015-12-17 14:56:38Prashant SinghThe 2016 KTM RC390 not to have the side mounted exhaust in India?
- 2016-02-01 13:41:09Prashant SinghSay hello to the Turbocharged Devilish 60bhp KTM RC390
- 2016-02-11 11:08:12Prashant SinghKTM silently launches the 2016 RC 390 and 390 Duke