- Ralco enters new track of the highly competitive two-wheeler automobile tyre industry.
- RALCO-120/80-18 motorcycle tyre uses high silica content - a natural substance, to reduce the use of petrochemicals that cause pollution.
Ralson India Limited, which owns the Ralco automotive tyre brand has launched an innovative and eco-friendly Ralco tyre for motorcycles at the India Auto Expo 2020.
The RALCO-120/80-18 motorcycle tyre is an eco-friendly tyre which uses high silica content - a natural substance, in order to reduce the usage of petrochemicals that cause pollution. Silica sourced mixture decreases carbon dioxide emissions and also enhances engine performance, since the usage of silica content reduces the tyre's rolling resistance, hence improving the vehicle's fuel efficiency. Ralco Ecoracer motorcycle tyre has a cutting-edge tread design to strike a balance between fuel efficiency, safety & durability.
By launching the eco-friendly and innovative Ralco-120/80-18 motorcycle tyre, Ralson aims to enter a new track in CSR and become a significant brand in a market mainly consisting of millennials.
At the launch of the Ralco motorcycle tyre at Auto Expo 2020, Mr Sanjeev Pahwa, Chairman and MD of Ralson (India) Ltd., said, “Ralco has achieved 5% share of two-wheeler tyre market largely on product quality and dealer push. It now wants to create a preference for itself among the end consumers and dominate their consideration set. With the launch of our innovative and eco-friendly motorcycle tyre RALCO, we wish to make a compelling product offering and consolidate our market share in this industry which is saturated with brands”.
Important features of Ralco motorcycle tyre:-
- Environment friendly performance enhancer: Unlike regular tyres which are made with high content of NR and synthetic rubber and petrochemicals, Ralco Ecoracer is manufactured with high proportion of Silica. Silica reduces the friction between the road & tyre enabling smooth movement due to low rolling resistance and thus enhances the performance of the vehicle which brings down CO2 emissions into the environment.
- Waste reduction by re-cycling: the compound of Ralco Ecoracer is recyclable through process of de-vulcanisation which enables easy recovery of materials from a used, worn out tyres.
- Enhanced tread pattern: Ralco Ecoracer two-wheeler tyre has a dynamic tread pattern to grip well on lean angles and on wet or dry paths.
Ralson is the country's largest producer and exporter of bicycle tubes and tyres with a market share of 40% and a wide network in 70 nations. With the company's annual turnover seeing a steady growth in the last six years to over 800 crores last year, Ralson India is working on massive capacity extension plans to get hold of 2 billion-dollar worth two-wheeler tyre industry.
Ralco, is a new player though in the two-wheeler tyre category, with a market share of 5% owns two ultra-modern facilities in Ludhiana, Punjab.