Exclusive - Yamaha India is Launching YZF-R3 in July!!
Snapshot: Finally we HAVE the NEWS everyone was waiting for!!!!
The wait is over and so it seems the Yamaha's confusion too. Our sources are confirming that Yamaha will be launching the R3 in July 2015 finally ending the confusion that has engulfed the motorcycling fraternity of the country over the R25 and R3. As per our sources, Yamaha scheduled the launch of the highly anticipated sportsbike in July 2015, however, the dates and prices are not yet confirmed.
We have been updating about the spied R25's and R3's in the country for some time now and we believe that Yamaha has done the right thing by finalizing the R3 for the Indian market as it will be easier for the Japanese giant to price the bike competitively that will arrive as a CBU to the country, competing directly with the Ninja 300 while being a premium prospect to the buyers who would be looking towards the RC390.
The R3 is powered by a inline twin 321cc engine which is liquid cooled, the engine produces a stellar 42Ps of power and a equally apt 29.6Nm of torque, while the transmission duty is handled by a 6-speed unit. Among the other features Yamaha has bestowed to the R3, the use of R-series technology which includes a direct-drive camshaft, forged pistons, carburized con rods, low-friction cylinders is worthy of a mention, these technologies make the R3 a potent rival to the Ninja 300. The YZF-R3 will arrive with the safety advantage provided by an which will be standard on the Yamaha YZF-R3. The motorcycle will be available in two colour shades – Race Blue and Midnight Black.
We are expecting the bike to be prices around 2.9-3.1 lakhs Ex-Showroom, Delhi when launched and this will put the bike in a perfect sweet spot that has remained vacant for some time now. Stay with us as we bring you more update regarding the same!
Also read our Specification Comparion article - Yamaha YZF R3 Vs KTM RC 390 Vs Yamaha YZF R25
We think you'd like...
- 2015-04-06 11:12:59Prashant SinghYamaha set to launch R3 and MT25 in India in late 2015
- 2015-10-09 18:18:53Prashant SinghYamaha Motors USA orders Recall on R3 for Faulty Upper Triple Clamp
- 2015-11-02 10:59:46Prashant SinghBuy an R3 before 10th November and you might get a chance to ride along Jorge Lorenzo on BIC
- 2015-12-01 11:01:08Prashant SinghJorge Lorenzo is Here and is Riding at BIC Right Now
- 2016-04-06 12:32:16Prashant SinghYamaha sells 600 units of the YZF-R3 since its launch in August 2015
- 2016-04-27 16:46:14Neeraj JhaYamaha inaugurates new spare parts centre in Tamil Nadu; invested Rs 58 cr
- 2016-06-20 14:33:31Neeraj JhaYamaha R3 recalled in Japan