Harley Davidson LiveWire Motorcycle to be launched in next 5 years
Snapshot: Harley Davidson LiveWire is Company’s first electric Motorcycle
Harley Davidson's first electric Vehicle, Harley-Davidson LiveWire concept made its first public appearance in 2014 for public test rides at US Harley dealerships, following Canada and Europe in 2015 to gain feedback from customers. The Company has now decided to bring a production version of the bike in next 5 years.
Mechanically, it has a 55 kW, oil-cooled, longitudinally-mounted three-phase induction electric motor that is capable of producing a maximum power of 74hp along with a peak torque of 71Nm torque. Its transmission duties are carried out by a direct drive (single speed), belt drive via bevel gear, and the same bevel gear gives the drivetrain a unique whirring sound, compared to the sound of a jet turbine. The Harley-Davidson LiveWire has a weight of 210 kgs.
Other notable features include Cast aluminium frame and swingarm, LED headlight, TFT dashboard, Longitudinal three-phase AC motor/bevel gear/belt drive, Single disc, 2-piston front brake, 7 kWh battery (estimated), 17-inch rear wheel, 18-inch front, trellis frame, direct drive powertrain. It is capable of doing 0-100 kmph under 4 seconds (claimed) and has an electronically limited top speed of 152 kmph.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-26 20:04:56Udit VishalHarley-Davidson opens new dealership in Gurgaon
- 2014-10-28 11:08:37Sunny SoralRajputana Customs to bring a Harley Davidson Street 750 Special on November 15!!
- 2014-11-24 13:31:01Sunny SoralRE and HD's most ambitious projects head to head in Sales!
- 2014-12-15 15:53:31Sunny SoralHarley Davidson Street 500 - Indonesia Launch, HD means serious business!!
- 2015-05-06 11:06:10Sunny SoralHarley Davidson Winning First Fight with Royal Enfield - Street 750 outsells Continental GT in FY 2015
- 2015-09-03 17:49:54Prashant SinghVideo - Man steals Harley Davidson Street 750 during the test ride in Hyderabad
- 2015-09-09 15:39:58Prashant SinghTest Ride on a Harley and win an all-expense paid trip to Harley's Homeland
- 2016-03-16 10:47:27Prashant SinghHarley-Davidson India hikes prices on select models