Hero HX250R not launching in November 2014 in India
Snapshot: Recently, multiple reports claimed that Hero is going to introduce the HX250R in the month of November in India but they seem to be untrue...
Recently, multiple reports claimed that Hero is going to introduce the HX250R in the month of November in India but they seem to be untrue. The company is in no mood to launch the bike this year and it will be arriving in early 2015. The HX250R is solely developed by Hero and doesn't have even 1 percent involvement from Honda.
The India debut of the bike isn't going to take place sooner as even the road tests haven't commenced yet. The production version of the HX250R would undergo extensive test runs quite similar to the updated Karizma. However, the company has already made the engine specifications and other technical details public. This bike would in-house a 250cc, 4-valve, liquid-cooled engine which is ahped like a over-square. It would churn out a top power of 31PS at 9000rpm in accordance with a peak torque of 26Nm. The HX250R weighs a mere 139kgs because of the execution of a trellis frame. It would be the first Indian bike to boast an exhaust under the seat. The front tyre would be 110 section while the rear one would 140 section. The motorcycle has been designed by the American automaker EBR in accordance with the Hero engineers.
Hero HX250R would also get ABS as an option and it would be priced around Rs. 1.5 Lakhs while giving stiff competition to the likes of yet-to-be-launched Honda CBR300R and Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS. Hero, being country's largest 2-wheeler manufacturer, is eyeing a new R&D centre and has heavy investment plans for the same. The new Research & Development Centre would be getting shape in the coming course of time.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-10-18 16:13:07Arjit GargHero files patent for EBR 250 in Europe
- 2014-10-27 12:11:44Arjit GargExclusive- Hero HX250R video preview
- 2015-04-09 11:08:56Prashant SinghHero HX 250R will be equipped with dual riding modes
- 2015-04-24 13:43:50Prashant SinghHero confirm's the future models remains unaffected from EBR's closedown
- 2015-05-29 17:36:29Pankaj VigEBR bankrupt, Hero HX250R may not make it even until 2015 end
- 2015-08-18 15:44:32Prashant SinghHero HX250R spied completely undisguised for the first time
- 2016-02-16 17:50:19Prashant SinghHero HX250R – Specification, Top Speed, Images!