HMSI grows by 27 per cent in the month of April
Snapshot: The company sold 4,31,011 units last month
HMSI has recorded a splendid 27 per cent growth in the month of April 2016. The Indian two-wheelers market is responding to scooter demand with an open heart and so all the manufacturers are getting benefited who are dealing smartly in this segment. This 27 per cent growth of the Japanese auto maker can also be linked to the high demand of scooters like Active and Dio. The company sold 2,63,320 scooters in last month when compare to the 1,97,776 scooters sold in the same month of 2015. This is good 65,000 units more than last year’s April scooter sales.
Taking motorcycles sale figures into consideration, HMSI sold 1,50,651 which is 19,447 units more than the motorcycles sold in the corresponding month of 2016. The company exported 17,040 units as against 11,699 units. And over all the company sold over 4,31,011 units in the month of April this year that sums it up to its 27 per cent growth. Honda is also the second largest two-wheeler manufacturer in India following Hero Motocorp.
Honda manufactures India’s top selling scooter, Activa and also CB Shine SP which is the bestselling motorcycle in the 125cc segment.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-04-23 18:36:30Syed Shiraz ShahHonda Activa is now the largest selling two-wheeler in India
- 2014-06-13 13:44:14Udit VishalHonda spreads road safety awareness with Safety For Everyone sculpture
- 2014-08-22 19:06:11Divyanshu BooraHonda Activa is back on the Numero Uno spot
- 2015-04-11 12:39:45Sunny SoralScoop - 2015 Suzuki Lets with new Graphics reaches Dealerships, 49600 Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 2015-04-21 11:15:04Prashant SinghHero MotoCorp beat Honda to become largest scooter exporter in India
- 2015-06-24 19:03:11Prashant SinghHonda Launches 2015 Activa-i and Aviator in an all new color scheme
- 2015-08-18 11:40:28Prashant SinghHonda ramps up the production of Activa to meet the growing demand
- 2015-09-25 13:36:31Prashant SinghHonda sells a Million of Activa units in last five months
- 2015-10-23 15:24:29Sunny SoralThe return of the Emperor - Hero Splendor is back as India's best selling Two -Wheeler!
- 2015-12-02 12:13:04Prashant SinghHonda Motorcycle & Scooter India saw a 12 per cent decline in November sales
- 2016-01-25 12:02:02Prashant SinghHonda conducted Maha Exchange Mela in Delhi, plans to expand the same to 10 more cities
- 2016-02-18 11:19:30Prashant SinghHonda Inaugurates their 4th Indian two-wheeler plant in Gujarat
- 2016-04-29 14:17:29Neeraj JhaTop 10 selling Bikes and Scooters in FY16
- 2016-05-11 11:49:18Neeraj JhaHonda Motorcycle inaugurates Best Deal outlet in Secunderabad
- 2016-05-18 14:28:46Neeraj JhaHonda Motorcycle and Scooter India inks MoU with IndusInd Bank
- 2016-05-25 13:24:26Neeraj JhaNew Honda Activa-I launched at Price Rs 50,255
- 2016-06-28 11:54:26Prashant SinghHonda to increase scooter manufacturing capacity to cope up with rising demands
- 2016-07-20 14:47:10Neeraj JhaHonda Activa becomes top selling two wheeler in June 2016