Honda Activa is back on the Numero Uno spot
Snapshot: The Honda Activa reported a 64% YOY growth in its July sales
Honda reported a 64% YOY growth in the July sales of its highly successful Activa. This is the third occasion in the last 11 months when Activa has outdone every other two-wheeler sold in India. Honda sold 1,91,883 units of Activa in this July.
There has been a stiff competition from some good time between Hero's Splendor and Honda's Activa. The recent launch of Honda Activa 125 has also been received by the Indian market with open arms.
Commenting on the achievement, Mr. Yadvinder S. Guleria, Vice President - Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India said, "We are excited that Activa has once again become the highest selling 2-wheeler of India. This is more significant since an automatic scooter displaced a motorcycle for numero uno position in Indian 2- wheeler industry. This clearly indicates that Activa is exponentially getting acceptance as the most preferred choice of 2-wheeler for commuting. In the last few years scooters have evolved and become more technologically advanced, fuel efficient and stylish. The high growth of Scooters in India has primarily been led by Honda and we are confident of maintaining this leadership in future.”
We think you'd like...
- 2014-04-23 18:36:30Syed Shiraz ShahHonda Activa is now the largest selling two-wheeler in India
- 2014-06-13 13:44:14Udit VishalHonda spreads road safety awareness with Safety For Everyone sculpture
- 2015-04-11 12:39:45Sunny SoralScoop - 2015 Suzuki Lets with new Graphics reaches Dealerships, 49600 Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 2015-04-21 11:15:04Prashant SinghHero MotoCorp beat Honda to become largest scooter exporter in India
- 2015-06-24 19:03:11Prashant SinghHonda Launches 2015 Activa-i and Aviator in an all new color scheme
- 2015-08-18 11:40:28Prashant SinghHonda ramps up the production of Activa to meet the growing demand
- 2015-09-25 13:36:31Prashant SinghHonda sells a Million of Activa units in last five months
- 2015-10-23 15:24:29Sunny SoralThe return of the Emperor - Hero Splendor is back as India's best selling Two -Wheeler!
- 2015-12-02 12:13:04Prashant SinghHonda Motorcycle & Scooter India saw a 12 per cent decline in November sales
- 2016-01-25 12:02:02Prashant SinghHonda conducted Maha Exchange Mela in Delhi, plans to expand the same to 10 more cities
- 2016-02-18 11:19:30Prashant SinghHonda Inaugurates their 4th Indian two-wheeler plant in Gujarat
- 2016-04-29 14:17:29Neeraj JhaTop 10 selling Bikes and Scooters in FY16
- 2016-05-04 13:50:26Prashant SinghHMSI grows by 27 per cent in the month of April
- 2016-05-11 11:49:18Neeraj JhaHonda Motorcycle inaugurates Best Deal outlet in Secunderabad
- 2016-05-18 14:28:46Neeraj JhaHonda Motorcycle and Scooter India inks MoU with IndusInd Bank
- 2016-05-25 13:24:26Neeraj JhaNew Honda Activa-I launched at Price Rs 50,255
- 2016-06-28 11:54:26Prashant SinghHonda to increase scooter manufacturing capacity to cope up with rising demands
- 2016-07-20 14:47:10Neeraj JhaHonda Activa becomes top selling two wheeler in June 2016