Honda ramps up the production of Activa to meet the growing demand
Snapshot: HMSI has hiked the production of Activa in its third plant situated at Bangalore and instead of producing 1.7 lakh units, now the total production will reach up to 2 lakh units a month.
Honda Motorcycles and Scooter India (HMSI) launched Activa more than a decade ago and since then Activa has proved to be one of the most successful scooters ever made in India. Not only did Activa met its sales target but it crossed the target by good numbers.
Like we reported earlier Honda Activa dethroned the bestselling Hero Splendor three times in last 11 months to become the top selling two wheeler in India. As a result, Honda Activa’s demand has multiplied in quite some time and no wonder people have to wait 2 to 5 months to get the delivery after the booking.
As a result of the growing demand, Honda has decided to ramp up the production of Activa to meet its demand on time. Honda’s daily scooter production has grown by 15 to 20 percent in this first half fiscal. As enquires went up by 30 percent in the period of April to July this year, HMSI had to finally increase the production to balance the demand and supply. HMSI has hiked the production of Activa in its third plant situated at Bangalore and instead of producing 1.7 lakh units, now the total production will reach up to 2 lakh units a month.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-04-23 18:36:30Syed Shiraz ShahHonda Activa is now the largest selling two-wheeler in India
- 2014-06-13 13:44:14Udit VishalHonda spreads road safety awareness with Safety For Everyone sculpture
- 2014-08-22 19:06:11Divyanshu BooraHonda Activa is back on the Numero Uno spot
- 2015-04-11 12:39:45Sunny SoralScoop - 2015 Suzuki Lets with new Graphics reaches Dealerships, 49600 Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 2015-04-21 11:15:04Prashant SinghHero MotoCorp beat Honda to become largest scooter exporter in India
- 2015-06-24 19:03:11Prashant SinghHonda Launches 2015 Activa-i and Aviator in an all new color scheme
- 2015-09-25 13:36:31Prashant SinghHonda sells a Million of Activa units in last five months
- 2015-10-23 15:24:29Sunny SoralThe return of the Emperor - Hero Splendor is back as India's best selling Two -Wheeler!
- 2015-12-02 12:13:04Prashant SinghHonda Motorcycle & Scooter India saw a 12 per cent decline in November sales
- 2016-01-25 12:02:02Prashant SinghHonda conducted Maha Exchange Mela in Delhi, plans to expand the same to 10 more cities
- 2016-02-18 11:19:30Prashant SinghHonda Inaugurates their 4th Indian two-wheeler plant in Gujarat
- 2016-04-29 14:17:29Neeraj JhaTop 10 selling Bikes and Scooters in FY16
- 2016-05-04 13:50:26Prashant SinghHMSI grows by 27 per cent in the month of April
- 2016-05-11 11:49:18Neeraj JhaHonda Motorcycle inaugurates Best Deal outlet in Secunderabad
- 2016-05-18 14:28:46Neeraj JhaHonda Motorcycle and Scooter India inks MoU with IndusInd Bank
- 2016-05-25 13:24:26Neeraj JhaNew Honda Activa-I launched at Price Rs 50,255
- 2016-06-28 11:54:26Prashant SinghHonda to increase scooter manufacturing capacity to cope up with rising demands
- 2016-07-20 14:47:10Neeraj JhaHonda Activa becomes top selling two wheeler in June 2016