Honda sells a Million of Activa units in last five months
Snapshot: Since April 2015, almost 10,01,350 units of the Activa has been sold to the Indian customers.
Honda Activa has been King of the Hill in the Indian two-wheeler market from a long time now. The scooter market has been witnessing linear growth over-all from past few years and few months back, Honda Activa dethroned Hero Splendor for the first time from being the highest selling two wheeler in India. And this being the third consecutive month when Activa overtook Hero Splendor for the title of being the market leader in two-wheelers sales.
Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India (HMSI) just revealed the numbers, the Japs sold over 1 Million units of Activa automatic scooter in just five months with in the current financial year. Since April 2015, almost 10,01,350 units of the Activa has been sold to the Indian customers. During the famous South-Indian festival ‘Onam’, Honda experienced a 35-40% increase in sales. Honda Activa is available in two engine options, 110cc and 125cc. The 110cc model of Activa is available in three variants, Actica 3G, Activa I and Activa Deluxe. While the 125cc is available in Activa 125 Deluxe and Standard.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-04-23 18:36:30Syed Shiraz ShahHonda Activa is now the largest selling two-wheeler in India
- 2014-06-13 13:44:14Udit VishalHonda spreads road safety awareness with Safety For Everyone sculpture
- 2014-08-22 19:06:11Divyanshu BooraHonda Activa is back on the Numero Uno spot
- 2015-04-11 12:39:45Sunny SoralScoop - 2015 Suzuki Lets with new Graphics reaches Dealerships, 49600 Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 2015-04-21 11:15:04Prashant SinghHero MotoCorp beat Honda to become largest scooter exporter in India
- 2015-06-24 19:03:11Prashant SinghHonda Launches 2015 Activa-i and Aviator in an all new color scheme
- 2015-08-18 11:40:28Prashant SinghHonda ramps up the production of Activa to meet the growing demand
- 2015-10-23 15:24:29Sunny SoralThe return of the Emperor - Hero Splendor is back as India's best selling Two -Wheeler!
- 2015-12-02 12:13:04Prashant SinghHonda Motorcycle & Scooter India saw a 12 per cent decline in November sales
- 2016-01-25 12:02:02Prashant SinghHonda conducted Maha Exchange Mela in Delhi, plans to expand the same to 10 more cities
- 2016-02-18 11:19:30Prashant SinghHonda Inaugurates their 4th Indian two-wheeler plant in Gujarat
- 2016-04-29 14:17:29Neeraj JhaTop 10 selling Bikes and Scooters in FY16
- 2016-05-04 13:50:26Prashant SinghHMSI grows by 27 per cent in the month of April
- 2016-05-11 11:49:18Neeraj JhaHonda Motorcycle inaugurates Best Deal outlet in Secunderabad
- 2016-05-18 14:28:46Neeraj JhaHonda Motorcycle and Scooter India inks MoU with IndusInd Bank
- 2016-05-25 13:24:26Neeraj JhaNew Honda Activa-I launched at Price Rs 50,255
- 2016-06-28 11:54:26Prashant SinghHonda to increase scooter manufacturing capacity to cope up with rising demands
- 2016-07-20 14:47:10Neeraj JhaHonda Activa becomes top selling two wheeler in June 2016