Honda SP 125 launched, first BS 6 125cc motorcycle in India
Snapshot: The SP 125 is India’s first BS Vl motorcycle, gets many new features.
•Honda SP 125 is India’s first BS Vl motorcycle.
•Priced at Rs 72,000 onward, ex-showroom.
• It will go on sale in two weeks’ time.
•It has many firsts for the segment, including an all-digital instrument cluster, fuel injection, a full trip computer, an LED headlamp.
Honda’s first BS Vl motorcycle is the SP 125. It is also India’s first BS Vl 125 cc motorcycle. The Honda SP 125 is priced at Rs 72,000 onward, ex-showroom, across India.
Honda has applied for 19 patents for the SP 125, which the manufacturer claims underscore how many new things it possesses. A few of the standout features are: a silent electric start, which debuted on the Activa BS Vl; PGM FI, Honda’s name for its highly respected fuel injection technology, an LED headlamp, and an all-digital instrument cluster that displays gear position, the time, an ‘eco’ indicator, and a full trip computer that displays instantaneous fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, and distance to empty.
Honda has also finally debuted an engine killswitch on one of its India-specific products – the SP 125 has a combined starter switch/killswitch that is now common on larger capacity motorcycles.
In a similar way, the headlamp flasher switch is now a combined high/low beam toggle switch as well as the flasher switch. The brakes are CBS equipped with an equalizer, which Honda claims is another first for the segment.
The SP 125’s styling is an evolution of the Shine SP 125, with similar tank extensions that lend it more visual mass, and a chrome heat shield for the exhaust muffler. The alloy wheels retain a split-spoke design, but different to the Shine SP. The tyres offered are of the tubeless type.
The Honda SP 125 will be available in four colors and two variants – disc and drum. Deliveries will start at the end of the month. The SP 125 will compete with other sporty commuters 125 cc products like the Hero Glamour i3s, Bajaj Pulsar 125, and Hero Glamour FI.
Related car news
- 11-02-2020 Autoportal Team Honda Cars India teases new-generation 2020 City sedan ahead...
- 11-02-2020 Autoportal Team Bajaj and Honda's BS6-compliant two-wheelers launched with p...
- 03-02-2020 Autoportal Team BS6-ready 2020 Honda CBR650R officially unveiled before laun...
- 29-01-2020 Autoportal Team BS6 Honda Amaze Launched in India; Price Starts At Rs 6.10 L...
- 15-01-2020 Prachi Walia Honda Activa 6G BS6 Launched in India At Rs 63,912; Receives...
- 14-01-2020 Autoportal Team Honda Working on 200 cc Bikes For India; First Product Launc...
- Most Popular