Honda spreads road safety awareness with Safety For Everyone sculpture
Snapshot: Honda exhibiting its sand sculpture - "Safety For Everyone" in Puri. This impressive piece of art is made by Padma Shree Awardee, Sudarshan Pattnaik
Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India has introduced several campaigns and events in the recent past to improve road safety in India. And now continuing its promise, the company exhibiting an interesting sand sculpture named as - "Safety for Everyone" in Puri to spread road safety awareness. The sculpture has been made by Padma Shree Awardee, sand artist, Sudarsan Pattnaik who took 2 days and approximately 10 tons of sand to built this 9 feet tall and 22 feet wide educational piece of art.
Yadvinder S. Guleria, VP-sales and marketing, Honda, said, “From more than a decade, Honda has been promoting safe riding activities across India. The basic issue is not only infrastructure but mindset of the road users. That is why the sea change cannot be brought overnight. It requires active participation from the Corporate, Government, and society at large. As a good corporate citizen Honda understands its responsibility to contribute towards road safety promotion, keeping in mind the Indian traffic conditions and this Park is a significant step towards meeting our commitment of making Safe Riding an everyday habit of all 2Wheeler riders.”
Honda has been indulged in improvising road safety in India since last two years. In 2012, the company inaugurated its first traffic park in Jaipur which was followed by Delhi a few months later. The public response is quite appreciable as around 53,000 people have attended programs so far and this motivated Honda to open two new parks in Odisha. Honda offers several road safety activities for adults and kids as well under these parks to teach them riding and traffic rules basics. There is a primary school activity for children in the 5-8 age group and a CRF 50 model for children aged between 9 and 12. The training sessions help participants how to handle and react under hazardous situations during day to day riding. An special activity for females help them to learn riding within one day.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-04-23 18:36:30 Syed Shiraz Shah Honda Activa is now the largest selling two-wheeler in India
- 2014-08-22 19:06:11 Divyanshu Boora Honda Activa is back on the Numero Uno spot
- 2015-04-11 12:39:45 Sunny Soral Scoop - 2015 Suzuki Lets with new Graphics reaches Dealerships, 49600 Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 2015-04-21 11:15:04 Prashant Singh Hero MotoCorp beat Honda to become largest scooter exporter in India
- 2015-06-24 19:03:11 Prashant Singh Honda Launches 2015 Activa-i and Aviator in an all new color scheme
- 2015-08-18 11:40:28 Prashant Singh Honda ramps up the production of Activa to meet the growing demand
- 2015-09-25 13:36:31 Prashant Singh Honda sells a Million of Activa units in last five months
- 2015-10-23 15:24:29 Sunny Soral The return of the Emperor - Hero Splendor is back as India's best selling Two -Wheeler!
- 2015-12-02 12:13:04 Prashant Singh Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India saw a 12 per cent decline in November sales
- 2016-01-25 12:02:02 Prashant Singh Honda conducted Maha Exchange Mela in Delhi, plans to expand the same to 10 more cities
- 2016-02-18 11:19:30 Prashant Singh Honda Inaugurates their 4th Indian two-wheeler plant in Gujarat
- 2016-04-29 14:17:29 Neeraj Jha Top 10 selling Bikes and Scooters in FY16
- 2016-05-04 13:50:26 Prashant Singh HMSI grows by 27 per cent in the month of April
- 2016-05-11 11:49:18 Neeraj Jha Honda Motorcycle inaugurates Best Deal outlet in Secunderabad
- 2016-05-18 14:28:46 Neeraj Jha Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India inks MoU with IndusInd Bank
- 2016-05-25 13:24:26 Neeraj Jha New Honda Activa-I launched at Price Rs 50,255
- 2016-06-28 11:54:26 Prashant Singh Honda to increase scooter manufacturing capacity to cope up with rising demands
- 2016-07-20 14:47:10 Neeraj Jha Honda Activa becomes top selling two wheeler in June 2016