- The 2019 BMW X1 gets subtle styling changes on the outside.
- The 2019 BMW X1 interior gets several tweaks and new features.
- BMW currently offers the plug-in hybrid variant in China only.
- It could introduce the plug-in hybrid variant in other markets as well with the facelift.
- The 2019 BMW X1 is expected to launch in India during festive season this year, though the plug-in hybrid variant may not be rolled out here.
2019 BMW X1 images have surfaced on the inter-web ahead of its expected launch this year. The snapped model is the long-wheelbase version which will be launched in the Chinese market. Visually, both long-wheelbase version and standard model, which will be launched in several markets including India, will be identical.
The 2019 BMW X1 takes styling cues from the larger X range models in BMW’s line-up. At front, there is a new single-frame grille and redesigned headlamps with sharp graphics. It misses out on fog lamps which were offered with the previous model. Other bits that have been restyled include side air vents on front. While the rear remains largely same, it comes with newly designed tail-lamps.
The 2019 BMW X1 interior receives several changes. Some of the features such as the 12.3-inch virtual instrument cluster equipped in latest BMWs has been left out. The well-laid out interior will pack in a new iDrive system. Also expected to be seen are new trims with a few upholstery options.
Talking of the 2019 BMW X1 facelift specifications, the 1.5-litre petrol, 2.0-litre petrol and the 2.0-litre diesel engines will be retained. However, BMW could give minor updates to these engines for better performance and improved fuel economy. A plug-in-hybrid variant of the model is currently being offered in the Chinese market, albeit the German car giant could plan to offer it in other markets as well. As for the Indian market, the new BMW X1 is expected to launch during the festive season this year. However, India is unlikely to receive the plug-in hybrid variant.
Image Source-Indian Autos Blog