Kawasaki Ninja 1000 to be equipped with Slipper Clutch and ABS technology
Snapshot: The bike will now be upgraded with race-inspired FCC slipper clutch and antilock-braking system (ABS) as standard
Good news for people who are looking to buy Kawasaki Ninja 1000 in future. The bike will now be upgraded with race-inspired FCC slipper clutch and antilock-braking system (ABS) as standard (though it is already available in the Indian market as a standard). According to the company reports the new slipper clutch will ease the front clutch lever by 30 percent at least. Apart from this Ninja 1000 will also be equipped with ABS as a standard fitment that too without any increment on the price part. Now speaking on the visual upgrades, the 2016 Ninja 1000 will be upgraded with a new candy plasma blue colour which will bring out a fresh look of the motorcycle along with the new colour, the old candy lime green and metallic carbon grey shades will also be continued on the Ninja 1000.
For all those fellas who have no clue what an ‘Assist and Slipper Clutch’ does, it is the technology which comes into play when excessive engine breaking occurs due to intense downshifting of gears. Whenever a rider is downshifting at a high speed before taking the rear wheel is bound to lock due to sudden speed drop and that is when assist and clipper clutch kicks in. It relieves the pressure on the clutch plates and allows them to slip. The clutch remains disengaged until the transmission gear matches speed of the engine; in short it doesn’t allow the rear wheel to lock and hence stabilizes the motorcycle. The assist and slipper clutch technology was introduced in the motorcycles for the first time in 1980, since then it has been used in various categories of motorcycles.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-10 12:14:46Arjit Garg4 Cylinders, 250cc bike! Sounds crazy? Read what Kawasaki is planning
- 2014-09-17 14:47:44Arjit GargFirst action video of Kawasaki H2 launched
- 2014-09-19 12:42:16BikePortal TeamNinja H2 specs leaked!
- 2014-09-19 18:01:59Arjit Garg2015 Kawasaki Ninja lineup revealed
- 2014-09-30 14:28:22Arjit GargSuperbike or Spaceship? Ninja H2 images leaked
- 2014-09-30 15:55:01Arjit GargVideo- Ninja H2 finally launched
- 2015-04-03 16:58:10Prashant SinghKawasaki Ninja H2 launched in India at INR 29 lakhs
- 2015-09-08 12:12:59Prashant SinghThe new H2 based Ninja ZX-10R to be unveiled at the EICMA 2015
- 2015-09-11 11:26:22Prashant SinghVideo: Kawasaki Ninja H2 V/S Buggati Veyron
- 2015-10-09 12:16:16Prashant SinghKawasaki Reveals the 2016 ZX-10R in Spain
- 2015-10-26 12:37:03Prashant SinghKawasaki Teases new color on Ninja H2 via promotional video
- 2015-11-06 11:15:46Prashant SinghSo the Special Edition Ninja 300 is here!
- 2015-11-26 11:03:52Prashant SinghK Rajini grabs the first position at the Malaysia Superbike Championship
- 2015-11-30 11:11:17Prashant SinghKawasaki to soon introduce the 2016 ZX-10R in India
- 2015-12-16 18:42:40Prashant SinghThe 2016 Ninja ZX-14R to make 10bhp less than the present model
- 2016-02-15 12:11:05Prashant SinghCheck out the limited edition Ninja 250 introduced by Kawasaki in Indonesia
- 2016-03-09 16:12:45Prashant SinghThe 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R units recalled over bracket bolts issue
- 2016-04-26 17:13:08Prashant SinghMeet the new Evolution Line Carbon exhaust by Akrapovic