Kawasaki Ninja 1000 to be equipped with Slipper Clutch and ABS technology
Snapshot: The bike will now be upgraded with race-inspired FCC slipper clutch and antilock-braking system (ABS) as standard
Good news for people who are looking to buy Kawasaki Ninja 1000 in future. The bike will now be upgraded with race-inspired FCC slipper clutch and antilock-braking system (ABS) as standard (though it is already available in the Indian market as a standard). According to the company reports the new slipper clutch will ease the front clutch lever by 30 percent at least. Apart from this Ninja 1000 will also be equipped with ABS as a standard fitment that too without any increment on the price part. Now speaking on the visual upgrades, the 2016 Ninja 1000 will be upgraded with a new candy plasma blue colour which will bring out a fresh look of the motorcycle along with the new colour, the old candy lime green and metallic carbon grey shades will also be continued on the Ninja 1000.
For all those fellas who have no clue what an ‘Assist and Slipper Clutch’ does, it is the technology which comes into play when excessive engine breaking occurs due to intense downshifting of gears. Whenever a rider is downshifting at a high speed before taking the rear wheel is bound to lock due to sudden speed drop and that is when assist and clipper clutch kicks in. It relieves the pressure on the clutch plates and allows them to slip. The clutch remains disengaged until the transmission gear matches speed of the engine; in short it doesn’t allow the rear wheel to lock and hence stabilizes the motorcycle. The assist and slipper clutch technology was introduced in the motorcycles for the first time in 1980, since then it has been used in various categories of motorcycles.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-10 12:14:46 Arjit Garg 4 Cylinders, 250cc bike! Sounds crazy? Read what Kawasaki is planning
- 2014-09-17 14:47:44 Arjit Garg First action video of Kawasaki H2 launched
- 2014-09-19 12:42:16 BikePortal Team Ninja H2 specs leaked!
- 2014-09-19 18:01:59 Arjit Garg 2015 Kawasaki Ninja lineup revealed
- 2014-09-30 14:28:22 Arjit Garg Superbike or Spaceship? Ninja H2 images leaked
- 2014-09-30 15:55:01 Arjit Garg Video- Ninja H2 finally launched
- 2015-04-03 16:58:10 Prashant Singh Kawasaki Ninja H2 launched in India at INR 29 lakhs
- 2015-09-08 12:12:59 Prashant Singh The new H2 based Ninja ZX-10R to be unveiled at the EICMA 2015
- 2015-09-11 11:26:22 Prashant Singh Video: Kawasaki Ninja H2 V/S Buggati Veyron
- 2015-10-09 12:16:16 Prashant Singh Kawasaki Reveals the 2016 ZX-10R in Spain
- 2015-10-26 12:37:03 Prashant Singh Kawasaki Teases new color on Ninja H2 via promotional video
- 2015-11-06 11:15:46 Prashant Singh So the Special Edition Ninja 300 is here!
- 2015-11-26 11:03:52 Prashant Singh K Rajini grabs the first position at the Malaysia Superbike Championship
- 2015-11-30 11:11:17 Prashant Singh Kawasaki to soon introduce the 2016 ZX-10R in India
- 2015-12-16 18:42:40 Prashant Singh The 2016 Ninja ZX-14R to make 10bhp less than the present model
- 2016-02-15 12:11:05 Prashant Singh Check out the limited edition Ninja 250 introduced by Kawasaki in Indonesia
- 2016-03-09 16:12:45 Prashant Singh The 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R units recalled over bracket bolts issue
- 2016-04-26 17:13:08 Prashant Singh Meet the new Evolution Line Carbon exhaust by Akrapovic