Kawasaki Reveals the 2016 ZX-10R in Spain
Snapshot: ZX-10R gets madder and sexier as the 2016 model arrives
The iconic Japanese motorcycle manufacturer has unveiled the 2016 ZX-10R in Spain. The new ZX-10R has been modified significantly and now comes with a slew of aggrandized cosmetics as well as mechanicals. Everybody was speculating that the Kawasaki has drawn inspiration for the new 10R from H2, but it doesn’t look so. Well the idea behind the new extended nose of 2016 ZX-10R might have been taken from H2 but everything else has been changed keeping alive the unique character of 10R.
Kawasaki has announced that the 2016 ZX-10R has been made in close proximity to the advanced factory sportsbike with the help of inputs from its WSBK team. From front to the rear, the 2016 ZX-10R has been customized to better the high speed stability. Kawasaki has replaced the old cylinder head in the engine with a 20% lighter one, this will result in increment in the spinning speed due to the reduced inertia.
The 2016 Zx-10R also gets a new titanium exhaust system plus an advanced electronic throttle. The bike will prove to be more efficient on the intake and exhaust notes as the combustion chamber has also been revised to increase the efficiency. The pistons will be shorter and lighter, also the bike will come with a shorter gear ratios that has improved the mid-range acceleration of the bike.
What Kawasaki calls “new electronic throttle valves” is actually a throttle-by-wire system by which the throttle angle can be modulated for various purposes by the ECU. The motorcycle will be available in India by next year and will cost more than the present model.
What do you think about the new 2016 ZX-14R? Share your views in the comment section below!
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-10 12:14:46Arjit Garg4 Cylinders, 250cc bike! Sounds crazy? Read what Kawasaki is planning
- 2014-09-17 14:47:44Arjit GargFirst action video of Kawasaki H2 launched
- 2014-09-19 12:42:16BikePortal TeamNinja H2 specs leaked!
- 2014-09-19 18:01:59Arjit Garg2015 Kawasaki Ninja lineup revealed
- 2014-09-30 14:28:22Arjit GargSuperbike or Spaceship? Ninja H2 images leaked
- 2014-09-30 15:55:01Arjit GargVideo- Ninja H2 finally launched
- 2015-04-03 16:58:10Prashant SinghKawasaki Ninja H2 launched in India at INR 29 lakhs
- 2015-09-03 16:30:24Prashant SinghKawasaki Ninja 1000 to be equipped with Slipper Clutch and ABS technology
- 2015-09-08 12:12:59Prashant SinghThe new H2 based Ninja ZX-10R to be unveiled at the EICMA 2015
- 2015-09-11 11:26:22Prashant SinghVideo: Kawasaki Ninja H2 V/S Buggati Veyron
- 2015-10-26 12:37:03Prashant SinghKawasaki Teases new color on Ninja H2 via promotional video
- 2015-11-06 11:15:46Prashant SinghSo the Special Edition Ninja 300 is here!
- 2015-11-26 11:03:52Prashant SinghK Rajini grabs the first position at the Malaysia Superbike Championship
- 2015-11-30 11:11:17Prashant SinghKawasaki to soon introduce the 2016 ZX-10R in India
- 2015-12-16 18:42:40Prashant SinghThe 2016 Ninja ZX-14R to make 10bhp less than the present model
- 2016-02-15 12:11:05Prashant SinghCheck out the limited edition Ninja 250 introduced by Kawasaki in Indonesia
- 2016-03-09 16:12:45Prashant SinghThe 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R units recalled over bracket bolts issue
- 2016-04-26 17:13:08Prashant SinghMeet the new Evolution Line Carbon exhaust by Akrapovic