- KTM Duke 200 BS 6 could be showcased at Auto Expo 2020 in February.
- KTM Duke 200 has been the company's best-selling product since its launch in 2012.
- KTM Duke 200 comes at a sticker price of Rs 1.62 Lakhs (Ex. Showroom).
KTM Duke 200 BS 6 Compliant in Works; India Launch by April 2020
Snapshot: Besides the introduction of a BS 6 compliant petrol engine, KTM Duke 200 might also come with several cosmetic updates in order to differentiate it with Duke 125.
KTM India is working on a BS 6 version of Duke 200, confirmed the company at the sidelines of Duke 790 launch which is priced at Rs 8.64 Lakhs (Ex. Showroom). It further said that the BS 6 compliant model will replace the ongoing model with the BS 4 engine, while no major cosmetic updates are reported.
Being on sale in the Indian market since 2012, KTM Duke 200 BS 6 model is expected to be launched before April 2020.
The bike since its launch has very limited updates, notably the addition of new graphics and a dual-channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS). It has been the best-seller for the company and was the entry-level model in the company's portfolio until the arrival of KTM Duke 125 which was launched a few months back.
Although both the bikes have almost identical styling and hence KTM might give the BS 6 certified Duke 200 a few visual updates in order to distinguish it from the Duke 125. Currently priced at Rs 1.62 Lakhs (Ex. Showroom), KTM Duke 200 challenges the likes of Suzuki Gixxer 250 and TVS Apache RTR 200 4V in the Indian market. The Duke 200 is the bike that introduced the KTM brand to Indian bikers and enthusiasts.
Mechanically, it is powered by a high-revving, 199.5cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled petrol engine which develops top power of 24.5bhp at 10000rpm and peak torque of 19.2Nm at 8000rpm. The engine is linked to a 6-speed transmission for superior performance.
Related car news
- 29-01-2020 Autoportal Team KTM to launch Duke 200 naked motorcycle with BS6 engine and...
- 31-10-2019 Autoportal Team KTM To Unveil Next-gen 390 Duke and 390 Adventure At EICMA,...
- 18-10-2019 Autoportal Team 2020 KTM 1290 Super Duke R Teaser Video Out; Reveals Excitin...
- 11-10-2019 Autoportal Team KTM 250 Adventure Spotted Testing On Indian Roads For The Fi...
- 09-10-2019 Autoportal Team KTM 390 Adventure India Launch on 6th December At IBW 2019
- 23-09-2019 Autoportal Team KTM 790 Duke Launched in India; Price Starts At Rs 8.64 Lakh...
- Most Popular