KTM organised Orange Day at BIC
Snapshot: KTM recently conducted Orange Day exclusively for Duke 390 owners in Delhi
The Austrian motomaker, KTM, recently conducted a racing event, known as Orange Day, in the NCR region in India. But this time, the event was not ordinary as its past editions as it was organized exclusively for the 390 owners who got a chance to ride their beasts on India's one and only International race track, the Buddh International Circuit (BIC). The event ended successfully with an overwhelming response with riders coming from across the country just to seize the opportunity of riding over one of the world's top-five racing circuits.
The total length of the track is 5.141 kilometers and consists of a total of 16 turns. This was shortened to three kilometers to make the ride enjoyable for amateurs. The company got over 100 registrations and the event kicked off with a brief guidance given by experienced riders. All motorcycles were equipped with transponders to track the lap timing of each individual.
Although, the Duke 390 is not built to be ridden hard on track, but still we were awe-inspired with the way it performed over the circuit. The bike is powered by a 373cc single cylinder engine that churns out 43.5 BHP and 3.57 kgm of torque – all within a gross weight of 154 kgs only. This means a mind-blowing power to weight ratio of 290 BHP/ton – something we experienced while touching 176 kmph on the straight! The standard Metzeler tyres and ABS inspire much confidence for aggressive riding!
We think you'd like...
- 2014-11-14 12:37:16Sunny SoralKTM taking their Tiny but Mighty Hooligan Duke 390 to USA!
- 2014-12-05 11:27:33Sunny SoralMore Splendid Photo's of Kunka KTM 200 Duke T Concept!!!
- 2015-02-16 13:24:01Sunny SoralUtterly Insane Scrambler Concept of Duke 390 by Holographic Hammer
- 2015-02-19 13:04:10Sunny SoralKTM Upgrades the 2015 Duke 390 with Slipper Clutch and more Goodies
- 2015-04-10 17:46:53Prashant SinghKTM Duke 390 may receive a facelift
- 2015-07-08 15:31:32Sunny SoralFirst Ride Review - Benelli TNT 300, a Tiny Little Fun Machine!
- 2016-02-11 11:08:12Prashant SinghKTM silently launches the 2016 RC 390 and 390 Duke
- 2016-03-10 14:40:01Prashant SinghThe 2017 KTM 390 Duke spied getting tested in Spain
- 2016-07-06 13:45:23Prashant Singh2017 KTM 390 Duke rendered by Valerio Polifroni
- 2016-07-06 17:47:36Neeraj JhaNew 2017 KTM Duke 390 Rendered
- 2016-07-28 12:43:43Prashant SinghUpdated KTM 390 Duke Spied in Austria
- 2016-09-14 12:10:57Prashant SinghVideo - 2017 KTM 390 Duke Spied Up Real Close - All Details Revealed!