Mahindra 110cc scooter, Gusto to launch on 29th September
Snapshot: On 29th September, the Northern and Western parts of India along with Nepal will be covered, followed by the launch in the Southern and Eastern India.
Mahindra is all set to launch their first ever indigenously built scooter on 29th September. Gusto, the latest 110cc offering from the stable of the Mahindra, is going to be launched in a phased manner. On 29th September, the Northern and Western parts of India along with Nepal will be covered, followed by the launch in the Southern and Eastern India. The Gusto will also be launched in the South Asian, African and Latin American countries in the coming months.
Gusto is being developed by the Mahindra's R&D team in Pune and is the first product to be designed and launched independently following the acquisition of Kinectic SYM by the Mahindra. The Gusto gets its name from the term 'Gust' meaning the blast of wind. This will be the first global scooter from the Mahindra and we can easily see the fetish of Mahindra with the names ending with 'O', be it Mojo, Rodeo, Scorpio, Xylo, XUV500, Bolero, Centuro and much more. Superstitious, you say?
Mahindra Gusto will be powered by a 109.6cc engine producing 8 bhp power and 8.5 Nm torque. The engine will be an M-Tech all aluminium made machine and will get features like high inertia magneto, high energy HT coils and stronger crankshaft. Mahindra claims that the scooter will be more reliable, efficient and powerful.
Gusto will be directly competing against the likes of Honda Activa, which is currently the market leader, TVS Jupiter and the other offerings from the Suzuki, Hero Motocorp and TVS. The segment is one of the toughest segments in two wheeler industry considering, how people are loyal to the Activa, and every now and then a new product is launched accompanied by a fancy commercial. It will be interesting to see, how Gusto will perform, once launched.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-06-05 17:22:48 Udit Vishal Mahindra's all-new 110cc scooter spied again
- 2014-09-29 15:18:13 Arjit Garg Mahindra Gusto launched for Rs 43000
- 2015-10-21 11:22:35 Prashant Singh Mahindra launches Special-Edition Gusto at INR 49,350
- 2016-01-04 11:43:03 Prashant Singh Mahindra to launch a new 110cc scooter this month?
- 2016-02-24 18:02:43 Prashant Singh JD Power Study says - Two Wheeler Owners Desire More Features in Their Vehicles
- 2016-09-19 12:48:14 Prashant Singh Mahindra Gusto Special Edition launched