Mahindra Mojo spied testing in Ladakh
Snapshot: Latest speculations also suggest that the Mojo could not be launched before March 2015 in the country.
If, there will be any product ever in the history of the Mahindra, that made people ask the company, 'what went wrong?', Mojo will definitely top the list. Showcased at the Auto Expo, 2010, for the very first time, the Mojo is striving hard to reach the markets, although, it had been more than 4 years now. Skipping the 2012 Expo, the updated Mojo was showcased at the 2014 Auto Expo in its production ready avatar and later was showcased to the dealers, only a few weeks earlier.
We reported some spy shots few days back and now, again some spy shots have been surfaced, this time in the high altitudes of Ladakh in the state of J&K. Except for some occasional sightings of Mojo, there are no official words for its launch, yet. In fact, the latest speculations also suggest that the Mojo could not be launched before March 2015 in the country.
Currently the hottest segment in the market, the 200-400cc category is developing very quickly with launches from the manufacturers every now and then. Interestingly, none of the Indian automaker has launched a new bike in this segment, with Hero and Bajaj, ready with their products. Once launched, the Mahindra Mojo 300 will boasts of some impressive figures like a 295cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke, single-cylinder engine that produces 28 PS of power and 25 Nm of torque paired with a 6-speed gearbox.
Apart from the impressive power figures, the features list will also be very exhaustive, considering the list of features Mahindra provides in their gearless scooters. The features will include, LED DRLs and tail light, gear shift light, low fuel indicator, analogue tachometer with a digital display screen for other details, and much more. The mechanicals will include Pirelli Speed Demon tyres with 17-inch alloys, Upside Down forks at the front and a monoshock suspension set-up at the rear.
Since no one knows when will Mahindra launch the Mojo and till the time it is launched, new rivals will arrive. Still, in today's perspective, it will be competing against the KTM Duke 200, Suzuki Inazuma and Honda CBR300R and is expected to be priced at around Rs 1.5 lakhs.
Image Credit: Team BHP
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-20 17:56:05Divyanshu BooraHow far or close is Mahindra Mojo to us?
- 2014-05-26 22:54:10Udit VishalMahindra planning export of US made Genze to other markets
- 2014-10-21 16:03:38Sunny SoralSpied: Mahindra Mojo no longer Shy, comes out in Black!!
- 2015-02-10 14:16:36Sunny SoralMahindra Mojo - Another Day Another Set of Spy Shots
- 2015-04-29 16:02:17Sunny SoralExclusive: Mahindra Gusto 125cc could launch next month; Mahindra Mojo expected, too
- 2015-06-29 11:22:21Prashant SinghMahindra Mojo to be launched in next two months
- 2015-09-25 15:09:52Prashant SinghMahindra to Launch Mojo in Mid-October
- 2015-10-06 10:37:08Prashant SinghMahindra Two Wheelers to launch Mojo on 16th this month.
- 2015-10-15 15:20:08Prashant SinghMahindra Mojo launched at an introductory price of INR 1.58 Lakh
- 2015-11-20 17:41:42Prashant SinghMahindra hikes the price on Mojo by INR 5000
- 2015-12-01 18:31:19Prashant SinghMahindra Two Wheelers sells 19,088 units in the month of November
- 2016-01-06 11:37:46Prashant SinghMahindra Two Wheelers suffers 9.91 per cent decline in sales for December 2015
- 2016-03-18 18:30:13Prashant SinghMahindra Mojo now available in 15 more Indian cities
- 2016-05-25 17:46:18Neeraj JhaVideo: Mahindra invites you to join the Mojo Tribe
- 2016-07-20 16:48:36Neeraj JhaRannvijay Singh Joins the first ever Mahindra Mojo Trail